The General Secretaries of
Affiliated Unions of NFIR
Sub: Service of Strike Notice by NFIR Unions on the GMs of Zonal Railways / Production units-reg
Please refer NFIR’s communication of even number dated 31st May, 2016
to the Affiliated Unions (already sent through mail). Also refer NFIR’s
message of even number dated 04/06/2016.
In the NJCA meeting held on 3rd June 2016, after taking stock of the
situation particularly in the context of Government’s failure to hold
formal meetings and discuss on Charter of Demands for reaching a
negotiated settlement, it has been decided that the JCM Constituent
organizations shall seive Strike Notice on the respective
employers/authorities.on 9th June,20l6 duly organizing massive
rallies/demonstrations and proceed ahead for total mobilization of
Central Government Employees/workers for Strike Action from 11th July,
In this connection, NFIR has already sent to the affiliates, the
proforma of Strike Notice together with Charter of Demands to facilitate
the Affiliated Unions to serve Strike Notice on the respective GMs etc
on 9th June, 2016. It was also conveyed that copy of Strike Notice
should also be sent to different authorities as indicated in NFIR’s
letter of even number dated 31st May, 2016 through e-mail and also
through speed post.
The affiliates of NFIR should mobilize Railway employees in a massive
scale on 9th June, 2016 in the course of serving the Strike Notice.
Media Conference should also be held and the Charter of Demands
vis-ir-vis Government’s non-responsive attitude be highlighted for wider
The 11 Point Charter of Demands finalized by NJCA again on 3rd June,
2016 is enclosed. In addition, NFIR’s demands are also listed in the
enclosure as part ‘B’ of the Charter of Demands.
The NJCA in its meeting held on 3’d June, 2016 has also decided as follows.
- The Constituents will plan and execute a massive mobilization
campaign to cover each and every employee/worker in which all the
National and State leaders must take part.
- The Unions/Federations/Associations will suspend immediately all
ongoing negotiations with their departmental heads/authorities and
concentrate on the mobilization campaign.
- On 24th June,2O16,a massive united demonstration under the auspices
of the NJCA will be held before the Parliament. The constituent
organizations will decide upon the quota for each State Unit and
communicate the same so that the State Units can take necessary steps to
ensure that their members reach New Delhi on 24th June,2016 and
participate in the demonstration.
- The NJCA (CHQ) will write to the leaders of all the Political
parties as also the Central Trade Unions seeking their support and
solidarity as also explaining as to why the NJCA had to take the extreme
step of organizing the strike action.
- All the constituent organizations and the State Units shall write
such letters to the Members of Parliament of their respective States and
shall make efforls to meet them in person to seek their support.
- All the State Units of the Constituent organizations either jointly
or independently organize Press Conferences for coverage by Print and
- The NJCA (CHQ) will hold such a Press Conference at Delhi on 23rd
June, 2016 i.e. just one day prior to the mammoth demonstration planned
before the Parliament.
- The Constituent organizations will get in touch with the
Associations/Federations of the retired personnel both at the All India
and State levels to seek their support for the strike agtion and enlist
their participation in all demonstrative programmes organized by the
working employees in support of Strike. The Pensioners Organizations may
be informed of the Government decision to reject the recommendations of
the 7th CPC to provide option no.1 to the Pensioners as an alternative
pension fitment formula.
- The constituents will also seek the participation of those
organizations in their respective otganizations/departments who are.not
associated with the NJCA being non-participants in the JCM Scheme.
NFIR therefore appeals to all its affiliates to make all out efforts
to enlist the support of employees of all categories for their total and
successful participation in the Strike Action. It needs to be realized
that the historic decision for launching Strike Action by all Central
Government Employees is an opportunity for every employee/worker to
demonstrate united strength of working class and emerge victorious in
spite of Government’s onslaughts. We should get ready to face any
challenge and establish that our united struggle has not only brought
laurels but also become an unforgettable event, inspiring future
generations of work force.
NFIR also appeals to its affiliates to take necessary initiatives as
indicated above promptly in order to see that message goes all over that
the united struggle of rail workforce is creating greater impact for
the eventual success.
Charter of Demands
1. Settle the issues raised by the NJCA on the recommendations of the
7th CPC sent to Cabinet Secretary vide letter dated 10th December 2015.
2. Remove the injustice done in the assignment of pay scales to
technical/safety categories etc., in Railways & Defence, different
categories in other Central Government establishments by the 7th CPC.
3. Scrap the PFRDA Act and NPS and grant Pension/Family Pension to
all CG employees under CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972 & Railways Pension
4. i) No privatization / outsourcing / contractorisation of
governmental functions ii) Treat GDS as Civil Servants and extend
proportional benefit on pension and allowances to the GDS.
5. No FDI in Railways & Defence; No corporatization of Defence Production Units and Postal Department.
6. Fill up all vacant posts in the government departments, lift the
ban on creation of posts; Regularize the casual/contract workers.
7. Remove ceiling on compassionate ground appointments.
8. Extend the benefit of Bonus Act, 1965 amendment on enhancement of
payment ceiling to the adhoc Bonus/PLB of Central Government employees
with the effect from the Financial year 2014-15.
9. Ensure five promotions in the service career of an employee.
10. Do not amend Labour Laws in the name of Labour reforms which will take away the existing benefits to the workers.
11.Revive JCM functioning at all levels.
Charter of Demands
1. Improve minimum wage of Rs. 18,000/- and multiplying factor. Reject all retrograde recommendations of VII CPC.
2. Scrap New Pension Scheme (NPS) and restore old pension scheme to
he made applicable to those employed on & after 1.1.2004.
3. Settle NFIR”s Charter of Demands submitted to the Government and
Ministry of Railways on 24.12,2013, 28.01.2014, 03.07.2014, 07.07.2014,
11.09.2015 & 10.12.2015 which include removal of anomalies of VI
CPC, implementation agreements reached for merger of Technicians, grant
up-gradation of Apex Group `C’ posts to Group `B’ Gazetted, replacement
of Pay Band & GP of various categories, removal of salary
calculation ceiling for ensuring payment of PLB on actual wages, grant
of parity in case of stenographers with those working in Central
Secretariat Services, reduction of duty hours, improvement in Railway
Quarters, Medical facilities, creation of New Posts for New
Assets/Services without insisting on matching surrender etc., Ensure
career improvement of Safaiwalas/Safaiwalies in Railways SPAD definition
to be reviewed to prevent harassment of victimization of Running &
Safety staff, Absorption of Quasi-Administrative Units/Offices Staff
against GP Rs. 1800/- (PB-1), Setting up of multi-disciplinary training
institute to impart training in rail related electronic technologies to
the wards of Railway employees, Induct Course Completed Act Apprentices
against Safety vacancies etc.
4. Scrap report of Bibek Debroy Committee & implement positive
recommendations of High Power Committee (Running & Safety).
5. Recall FDI notification of Government of India dated 22?d August,
2014 in construction, operation & maintenance of Indian Railways and
scrap all agreements entered into with foreign Companies as well as
National Companies which are detrimental to the interests of Railways
6. Stop anti-worker amendments of labour laws.
7. Injustice done to Railway Employees like Technicians, Technical
Supervisors, Loco and Traffic Running Staff, Operating Staff, Medical
categories etc., in respect of allotment of 7th CPC Pay Matrix levels
and promotional scope should be done away with and justice administered.
8. Ensure parity in pay structure & promotional scope for common
categories with those working in the Central Secretariat/Ministries.
9. Retain existing allowance/advances.
10. (a) Constitute Joint Committees at each Ministry/Departmental
level to resolve the VII CPC anomalies/aberrations/injustices within the
prescribed time frame, empowering them to resolve. (b) Set up National
Joint Committee to discuss and resolve VII CPC
anomalies/aberrations/injustices within the prescribed time frame.
11. Ensure payment of P.L. Bonus at the rate of Rs. 7000/- p.m. for
the year 2014-15 as was done in October, 2008 when the salary
calculation limit was revised from Rs. 2500/- to Rs. 3500/- p.m.
Related to Your Search:
- Action programme of NJCA on 26 Point Charter of Demands submitted by NJCA
- NFIR clarified that there is no change on Indefinite Strike decision of NJCA
- PARLIAMENT MARCH & RALLY OF ABOUT 20000 CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES – CONFEDERATION
- NJCA MEETING: Revival of Indefinite Strike – AIRF & NFIR yet to take a decision
- 7th CPC recommendations and Charter of Demands
- NJCA decides to go on indefinite strike from 1st Week of March 2016
- 7th Pay Commission pay proposed – only 14.3% increase while 6CPC allowed 54% – NFIR
- NJCA has decided to defer strike date to 11th July, 2016 due to elections in five states
- NJCA Decides to Observe “All India Demands Day” on 19.9.2018