Major activities of Department of Defence for the month of March, 2019
Permanent Commission (PC)
(1) Ministry of Defence has taken steps to ensure implementation of permanent commission to women in the Armed Forces. In so far the Indian Air Force is concerned, all branches, including Fighter Pilots, are now open for women officers. In Navy, all non-sea going branches/cadre/specialization have been opened for induction of women officers through Short Service Commission (SSC). Women officer will be granted PC in the Indian Army in all the ten branches where women are inducted for Short Service Commission.
(2) A delegation led by Deputy Permanent Secretary for Defence, Thailand visited India on 7th March, 2019 to attend the 7th meeting of India-Thailand Defence Dialogue, co-chaired by Additional Secretary (SC).
(3) A delegation led by Defence Secretary visited United Kingdom to attend the 20th India-UK Defence Consultative Group (DCG) meeting from 7
th to 9th March, 2019.
(4) A delegation led by loint Secretary (Planning and International Cooperation) visited Argentina and Chile from 11 th to 15th March, 2019 to discuss defence cooperation issues.
(5) A delegation led by Additional Secretary (SC) visited Australia to attend the 6th meeting oflndia-Austra lia Defence Policy Talks (DPT) from 13th to 15th March, 2019.
(6) A delegation led by Defence Secretary visited Uzbekistan from 25th to 29th March, 2019 and discussed issues related to bilateral defence cooperation.
(7) A contract for procurement of 70 mm Rocket and associated equipment for Advanced Light Helicopter (WSI) in respect of IAF and IA has been signed with M/s Thales, Belgium S.A on 28th March, 2019 at negotiated contract price of Euro 148,500,000 @ 1 Euro = Rs. 70.35 as on 22nd July, 2015.
(8) A contract has been concluded for procurement of 23x3D CID Band Air Surveillance Radar (3D ASRs) amounting to Rs. 1183.53 crore.
(9) A contract for Card Mfg & Personalization & Chip PS Development (RFP-1) for Navy-wide Implementation of RFID based SMART ACCESS Card Project has been signed with Mis BEL Bengaluru on 14th March, 2019 at a total cost of Rs 52.02 crore.
(10) A contract “for Navy-wide Implementation of RFID based SMART ACCESS Card” Project on turnkey basis (RFP-II) was signed with Mis Tech Mahindra Ltd. on 14th March, 2019 at a total cost ofRs. 254.59 crore.
(11) Minister of State for Defence on the occasion of Janaushadhi Diwas inaugurated a Janaushadhi Kendra at Base Hospital in ew Delhi on 7th March, 2019. It will be a pilot Kendra, which is in line with Pradhan Mantri Bharatiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP). Ministry of Defence last year had mandated Janaushadhi Kendras to be empanelled with ECHS as Authorised Local Chemist (ALC) which will benefit the provisioning of medicine at much cheaper rate vis-a-vis market.
(12) President and Supreme Commander of the Indian Armed Forces conferred 05 Kirti Chakras and 30 Shaurya Chakras to Anned Forces Personnel for displaying conspicuous gallantry, indomitable courage and extreme devotion to duty at a solemn ceremony at the Rashtrapati Bhawan on 14th and 19th March, 2019. 04 Kirti Chakras and 03 Shaurya Chakra were given posthumously. The President also conferred 28 Param Vishisht Seva Medals, 03 Uttam Yudh Seva Medals and 51 Ati Vishisht Seva Medals to senior officers of the Armed Forces for distinguished service of an exceptional order.
(13) Interceptor Boat (IB) C-444 & C-446 built by Mis L&T were inducted on 18th March, 2019.
(14) On 22nd March, 2019, Indian Coast Guard Ship (ICGS) Rajveer apprehended one Indonesian fishing boat with 03 crew in position 05 nautical mile south Katchall Island. ICGS Rajveer along with apprehended Indonesian fishing boat entered Port Blair on 25th March, 2019 for further formalities.
Related to Your Search:
- Women Personnel of the Armed Forces
- Women in Defence Forces
- Women Personnel in Defence Forces
- Defence: Women in Armed Forces
- Women personnel in the Armed Forces are not being deployed for combat operations
- Defence: Women Joining Army
- Status of Women in Armed Forces
- One Rank One Pension – Veterans to Return Medals Across the Country
- Women Personnel in Army