Meeting of AIRF to discuss promotional prospects of staff, particularly in GP Rs.1800 and Rs.4600
All India Railwaymen’s Federation
4, State Entry Road, New Delhi – 110055
Dated: September 26, 2018
The General Secretaries,
All Affiliated Unions
Sub: Meeting of AIRF to discuss promotional prospects of staff, particularly in GP Rs.1800 and Rs.4600
Meeting on the subject cited above was held in the chamber of DG(Personal), Railway Board, today.
After detailed deliberations; the following decisions were arrived:-
(a) There will not be any recruitment in GP Rs.4600 in any category except Medical Department.
(b) The condition of direct recruitment to at least 25% or more in respective categories for holding GDCE will be done away.
(c) Board orders permitting GMs to hold GDCEs up to 50% of DR Quota will be further enhanced up to 75%, keeping in view the serious frustrations in serving employees having higher academic/technical qualifications so as to enhance their promotional prospects on similar parameters of Direct Recruitment in higher categories.
(d) On the issue of career progression of the SSEs, though AIRF insisted for timebound promotion for JEs and SSEs, the administration agreed to pursue the matter, providing 75% upgradation of staff in GP Rs.4600 to Rs. 4800.
(Shiva Gopal Mishra)
Related to Your Search:
- Discontinuation of Direct Recruitment to the posts of Senior Section Engineers – Railway Board Order
- Brief of the meeting held today with the Member Staff, Railway Board, to discuss the important issues raised by AIRF with the Railway Board
- Brief of the meeting held today with Hon’ble Minister for Railways on the burning issues of the Railwaymen
- Inclusion of important categories of staff within the ambit of Risk And Hardship Matrix of 7th CPC for payment of Risk And Hardship Allowance
- NFIR – Promotional prospects of Pointsmen category.
- Promotional Avenue of ESMs in S&T Department
- AIRF: Career progression of the staff working in GP Rs.1800
- 4th meeting of the Empowered Committee of Secretaries(ECoS) held on 30.03.2016 to discuss the recommendations of the 7th CPC
- New Systems of Recruitment in Railways