Latest and New Clarification on MACP Scheme Central Government Civil Employees
No. 4-7 / MACPS / 2019-PCC
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi – 110001
All Chief Postmasters General / Postmasters General
Chief General Manager, BD Directorate / Parcel Directorate / PLI Directorate / CEPT.
Director, RAKNPA / Directors of All PTCs
Addl. Director General, Army Postal Service, R.K.Puram, New Delhi
All General Managers (Finance) / Directors Postal Accounts / DDAP
Sub:- Modified Assured Career Progression (MACP) Scheme to Central Government Civil Employees, clarification on approval of recommendations of Screening Committee – reg.
This refers to various references seeking clarification on applicability of the provisions of para 5 of DoP&T OM No. 35034/ 3 / 2015-Estt. (D) MACP 22nd October 2019 circulated vide this Directorate OM of even No. dated 30.10.2019 which inter alia stipulate that “… in all other cases, the power to approve the recommendations of the Screening Committee shall be with the Appointing Authority.” vis-a-vis the provisions contained in para 10 of this Directorate OM No. 4-7/ (MACPS) / 2009-PCC dated 18 Sept 2009, as reproduced “The recommendations of the Screening Committee shall be placed before the Director Postal Services / Director Accounts Postal / Head of the Region / Circle or Organization / Competent Authority as the case may be for approval.”, while considering the recommendations of Screening Committee, headed by an officer of JTS / STS rank, made in respect of the official(s) whose appointing authority is of the rank below Junior Time Scale of Group ‘A’.
2. The issue was examined and it has been observed that since the Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme continues to be effective from 01.09.2008 and the DoP&T OM dated 22.10.2019 ibid, comprising consolidated guidelines on MACP Scheme incorporating the provisions required as a result of the implementation of 7th CPC recommendations, is in continuation of earlier Office Memoranda on MACP Scheme, the provisions of para 10 of this Directorate OM No. 4-7 / (MACPS) / 2009- PCC dated 18 Sept 2009 will hold good.
3. This issues with the approval of competent authority.
(Dr. Vincent Barla)
Related to Your Search:
- MACP to Central Government Civil Employees, clarification for constitution of Screening Committee – DoP
- Modified Assured Carrier Progression Scheme (MACPS) to Central Government employees w.e.f. 01.09.2008 – clarification on counting of pre-appointment training w.r.t. Para 9 of MACPS guidelines
- MACP Clarification 2021 on same grade in promotional hierarchy
- Dopt Orders on MACP – Granting of MACP benefits as and when the employees become eligible
- Latest MACP News – Grant of financial up gradations under MACPS upto 30.09.2020
- 3rd MACP clarification – regarding Grant of 3rd financial upgradation under MACP Scheme counting from the date of ad-hoc promotion
- MACP Promotion Benefits to Govt Employees at right time – Granting MACP upgradation without delay – Dopt Instructions on 18.2.2015
- MACP guidance as per recommendations of the 7th CPC
- 7th CPC Clarification -Prescribed Benchmark while considering MACPs to Non-Gazetted Staff