LTC Cancellation Charges of Air Ticket
Reimbursement of cancellation/reschedule charges for air/train tickets booked for the purpose of LTC
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances, and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
Establishment A-IV Desk
North Block, New Delhi-01
Dated: February 5, 2021
Subject:- Reimbursement of cancellation/ reschedule charges for air/ train tickets booked for the purpose of LTC and relaxation of LTC advance due to COVID-19 pandemic – clarification reg.
The undersigned is directed to refer to para 3(i1) of DoPT’s O.M. of even no. dated 7 January 2021 on the subject noted above vide which it was communicated that:
In cases where the airlines have kept the refund amount in ‘Credit Shell’, Ministries / Departments may extend the period of repayment of LTC advance taken by the Government servant for LTC journey scheduled during the lockdown period (March-May,2020), till 28.02.2021 or till such time the amount in ‘Credit Shell’ is utilized by the Government servant to perform LTC journey, whichever is earlier.
2. In this regard, it is clarified that the employees who were eligible to perform LTC journey in 2020 as per LTC Rules, but could not perform the LTC journey during the lockdown period (March-May, 2020) and whose refund amount has been kept in ‘Credit Shell’ by the airlines, are allowed to perform their LTC journey till 28.02.2021, and such LTC shall be counted against the block year applied for. This shall also apply in cases of fresh recruits who are entitled to LTC every year for the initial block of eight years.
3. Hindi Version will follow.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- Reimbursement of cancellation/ reschedule charges for air/ train tickets booked for the purpose of LTC and relaxation of LTC advance due to COVID-19 pandemic – relaxation
- LTC Purchase of an airline ticket from an unofficial travel agent – CGDA Clarification
- Procedure Order for Implementing Service Tax Refunds on Passenger Fare Tickets Booked and Cancelled on or after 01.10.2012
- Advance Reservation Period for Booking Reserved Train Tickets Reduced to 60 Days from Existing 120 Days from Tomorrow i.e. 1.5.2013
- Train cancellation due to Covid 19 – All passenger trains canceled until 3 May 2020
- LTC: Procedure to process cases to accord exemption for air travel in airlines other than Air India in individual cases
- Central Government Employees now get LTC advance ahead of 4 months of journey
- Revision in the procedure of cancellation and refund of value of Rs.10,000/- and above for the PRS counter tickets booked from 09.11.2016 to 11.11.2016
- Clarification for booking of air-tickets on LTC – Dopt issued on 23.9.2015