Following a long duration from 25 March 2020, countrywide lockdown declared by the Central Government for COVID-19, the list of Central Govt offices will remain open with effect from 20 April 2020, orders released.
Also check: Central Government Employees News Latest Update
The following Ministries / Departments to function without any restriction from 20th April 2020:
- Central Armed Police Forces
- Health and Family Welfare
- Disaster management and Early Warning Agencies (IMD, INCOIS, SASE and National Centre of Seismology, CWC)
- National Infomatics Centre (NIC)
- Food Corporation of India (FCI)
- Nehru Yuva Kendras (NYKs) and
Offices of the Central Government of India and its subordinate offices will remain open with effect from 20.4.2020.
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs
North Block, New Delhi
Dated 15th April, 2020
Kind attention is invited to the Order No. 40-3/2020-DM-I (A) dated 15th April, 2020 whereby the Ministry of Home Affairs have issued consolidated revised guidelines on the measures to be taken by the Ministries / Departments of Government of India, State/UT Governments and State / UT Authorities for containment of COVID-19 in the country.
2. Vide para 3 read of the said order, the Ministry of Home Affairs have, inter-alia, allowed select additional permitted activities as enumerated in para 5 to 20 of the said order. As per para 18 (ii), all Ministries / Departments under Government of India to function with effect from 20th April, 2020. The para 18 is reproduced below –
18. Offices of the Government of India, its Autonomous / Subordinate offices will remain open, as mentioned below:
- Defence, Central Armed Police Forces, Health and Family Welfare, Disaster management and Early Warning Agencies (IMD, INCOIS, SASE and National Centre of Seismology, CWC), National Infomatics Centre (NIC), Food Corporation of India (FCI), NCC, Nehru Yuva Kendras (NYKs) and Customs to function without any restriction.
- Other Ministries and Departments, and offices under their control, are to function with 100% attendance of Deputy Secretary and levels above that. Remaining officers and staff to attend upto 33% as per requirement.
4. The undersigned has been directed to convey that the above guidelines of the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India be scrupulously followed.
All Principal Chief Commissioners / Pr. DGs / Chief Commissioners / DGs / Pr.
Commissioners / Commissioners / Joint Secretaries under Central Board of
Indirect Taxes & Customs
Related to Your Search:
- Closure of Departmental Canteens – Preventive measures to contain the spread of COVID19
- Grant of Cash Awards to meritorious children of Departmental officers / staff for their performance in the 10th / 12th standard Board Examination held in March/April, 2016, 2017 and 2018
- Functioning of Central Govt Office – Operation to prevent the COVID-19
- Central government to hire 2.8 lakh staff in a year, police, I-T and customs to get lions share
- Opening of CBEC Offices during the Last Week of March, 2013
- Latest DoPT order – Maintain 33 percent of employees attendance, roaster & work from home – Central Govt Employees
- Centre to government officials: Don’t use smartphones, foil hackers
- Income Tax Offices shall remain open on 29th, 30th and 31st of March, 2014
- Central Government official websites should be updated in Hindi also