LDC to UDC Upgradation – Railway Board Report
ABOLISH AND UPGRADE ALL POSTS OF LOWER DIVISION CLERKS (LDCs) TO UPPER DIVISION CLERKS (UDCs) – MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS IS NOT IN FAVOUR OF THE STAFF SIDE DEMAND
Action taken report on the minutes of the standing Committee National Council JCM held on 03.05.2017
Minutes – Reacting to the comment made by the official side, the staff side pointed out that prima-facie, on introduction of computerized functioning in almost all departments, the functions assigned to LDCs have become redundant.
Decision – What is required is to get the report from each department and take a conscious decision, as LDC is a common category.
Report of the Ministry of Railways (OM dated 01.12.2017)
In view of functional requirement of Ministry of Railways (Railway Board) and promotional aspects of MTS, proposal to abolish and upgrade all posts of LDCs (LDC now as Junior Secretariat Assistant) to UDCs (now called as Senior Secretariat Assistant) may not be recommended and besides this, RBSCS is patterned on the lines of the CSCS and the existing system is working well, unless there is any change in CSCS, no change is desirable in RBSCS. 7th CPC has also not provided upgradation of to LDCs; therefore to abolish and upgrade all posts of LDCs to UDCs is considered not feasible.
Related to Your Search:
- MERGER AND UPGRADATION OF GRADE PAY LDC & UDC – T.K.R. Pillai
- Sanctioned Strength, incumbency, vacancy in the grade of UDCs of CSCS
- Change the name of posts of LDC, UDC and Assistants – Dopt seeks suggestion
- LDC-UDC ISSUE : Deputy Secretary JCA writes to Under Secretary CS-II, DoPT
- Re-designate the posts of LDC/UDC and Assistant in Central Secretariat
- Change of nomenclature of the posts of Assistant of Central Secretariat Service
- Upgradation of Grade Pay of LDC and UDC – All India Association of Administrative Staff (Non Gazetted) General Secretary writes to Prime Minister
- Dopt Orders on Promotion of LDC as UDC
- Dopt Order: Promotion of LDC as UDC of CSCS on ad hoc basis