Last date for Lokpal IPR returns extended to October 15
New Delhi: The government has again extended the April 15 deadline for public servants to file declarations of their assets and liabilities under the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013, to October 15.
Ahead of the deadline ending on April 30 and a mad rush among officials to fill up their asset returns online which has even slowed down the NIC server, the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) in Office Memorandum No.407/12/2014-AVD-IV(B) issued on Saturday said the deadline has now been extended to October 15, 2015.
This is the third extension given to officials to file the asset returns as per the Lokpal Act, they were originally supposed to file the same September 15, 2014 after the Lokpal rules were notified last year in July.
This means there will now be a delay of 13 months in the asset returns to reach the government, the Lokpal law though enacted in January 2014 has also not been operationalised as amendments to the bill are pending before a standing committee. “Expect the Lokpal Act Amendment bill only in the next parliament session,” a DoPT official said.
The declarations under the Lokpal Act are in addition to similar ones filed by the employees under various services rules. All Group A, B, and C employees are supposed to file a declaration under the new rules.
There are about 26,29, 913 employees in these three categories, as per the government’s latest data.
The existing form for filing this return has fields for mentioning details of cash in hand, bank deposits, investment in bonds, debentures, shares and units in companies or mutual funds, insurance policies, provident fund, personal loans and advance given to any person or entity, among others.
The employees need to declare motor vehicles, aircraft, yachts or ships, gold and silver jewellery and bullion possessed by them, their spouses and dependent children.
The DoPT has asked all central government ministries, departments and cadre controlling authorities to issue necessary order for their respective employees to ensure compliance of its order.
Related to Your Search:
- Government employees need not file asset details under Lokpal for now
- Central Government Employees to declare family assets for three years by July
- Central government employees asked to file Lokpal property returns after office hours, on holidays
- Deadline for central government employees to declare assets extended
- Central Government Employees need not file asset details of Spouse and Children – Cabinet gives the nod
- Income Tax returns can still be filed even after the deadline: IT dept. urges
- Central government employees to file assets details by December 31
- Central government employees to declare details of foreign accounts under Lokpal Act
- Central Govt Employees, dont need to file assets declaration in 2016