KVS: 7th CPC Fixation of pay under CCS (RP) rules 2016
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan
18, Institutional Area
Shaheed Jeet Singh Marg
New Delhi – 16
Phone No. 011-26523070
The Deputy Commissioner/Director
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan
All Regional Offices/ZIETs
Sub: Fixation of pay under CCS (RP) rules 2016: clarification regarding.
Please refer the proviso contained in Rule 5 of CCS (RP) Rules, 2016 vide which a Government servant may elect to continue to draw pay in the existing pay structure until the date on which he earns his next or any subsequent increment in the existing pay structure or until he vacates his post or ceases to draw pay in the existing pay structure subject to other provisions of this rule.
2) In this context, the matter regarding fixation of pay under 7th CPC in respect of those employees promoted between 1st day of January, 2016 and the date of notification of CCS (RP) Rules, 2016 that is 25th July, 2016 and opted to switch over in revised pay structure from the date of next increment after availing the benefit of promotion in pre revised pay structure has been examined by Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure. It has since been clarified by the Ministry of Finance Deptt of Expenditure (E.III-A Branch) that the option to switch over to the revised pay structure either on 01.01.2016 or from a later date than 01.01.2016 i.e., on the date of promotion or the date of next increment, is applicable under.-Rule-5 – in case of post held on 01.01.2016. In other words, if the date of next increment on 01.07.2016 for a post held on 01.01.2016 falls after the date of promotion, then the date of next increment for the post held on 01.01.2016 has no relevance for option, as this post is no longer held on the date of next increment. In view of the above, option cannot be exercised from 01.07.2016 to switch over to the revised pay structure in such cases consequent upon the implementation of 7th CPC. Copies of letters issued by the office of CGDA, UIan Batar Road, Plam, Delhi Cantt.-110010 including the one referred to supra are enclosed for ready reference.
It is, therefore, requested that pay fixation cases in terms of 7th CPC may be regulated-accordingly.
Encl: As above
Deputy Commissioner (Fin.)
Related to Your Search:
- Fixation of Pay and grant of increment in revised pay structure clarification
- 7th CPC Pay Fixation: Confederation seeks Clarification for Post 2016 Promotee/MACP and One time relaxation in excercise option for retrospectively Promotion/Upgradation
- 7th CPC Pay Fixation Methodology – Detailed report with 2 Illustrations
- Pay Fixation on Promotion as per 7th CPC (RP) Rules – Confederation requests to exercise revised option as one-time measure
- PERMISSION TO OPTION FOR PAY FIXATION IN THE REVISED PAY STRUCTURE ON A DATE AFTER THE DATE OF ISSUE OF CCS (REVISED PAY) RULES 2016
- Implementation of CCS (RP) Rules 2016-Exercising of option for fixation of pay Ministry of Defence
- CCS (RP) Rules, 2016 – Opportunity for revision of option to come over to revised pay structure
- Implementation of 7th Pay Commission : FAQ on pay fixation under CCS(RP) Rules 2016
- Opportunity to central govt employees for revision of option to come over to the revised pay structure in CCS (RP) rules 2016