Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan to recruit 5,000 teachers
ALLAHABAD: Faced with the problem of adverse pupil-teacher ratio (PTR) in many Kendriya Vidyalayas of the country and strictly adhering to the guidelines of Right to Education Act (RTEA), KV Sangathan would soon be recruiting over 5,000 new teachers. Among these, over 400 new teachers would be recruited in Varanasi region.
Of 1,100 odd KVs spread across the country, there are many where the strength of students is over 50 per class and in some cases, it reaches around 65.
Deputy commissioner, KVS, regional office, Varanasi, PV Sai Ranga Rao said: “KVS had always been following RTE. From the coming academic session in April 2015, we would adhere to the set norms in every respect, including PTR.” In accordance to RTE, the TTR would be brought down to the prescribed norm i.e. one teacher for every 40 students (for class I to 5) and one teacher for every 35 students (for class 6-8).
KVS has asked principals of all the schools to furnish information pertaining to how many more teacher they would require to follow the norms of PTR as per the RTE Act. “Now that the number of teachers to be recruited is known, the Sangathan would soon start recruitment process,” Rao said.
Principal of KV, New Cantt, Shalini Dikshit said that the work load of teachers in a class of 65 students would be divided among two teachers. It will benefit pupils.
Rao said: “We would require more teachers for science which could be around 150. Likewise, the numbers could be anything around 90 for mathematics, English and other subjects.”
Read at: Times of India
Related to Your Search:
- KVS Orders – Yoga teaching in Kendriya Vidyalayas
- KVS – Fee collection of fee in respect of class XI students promoted from class X
- Teaching of Foreign Languages in Kendriya Vidyalayas
- Kendriya Vidyalayas: Remuneration to German language enhanced (Foreign Language Contractual Teachers engaged in Kendriya Vidyalayas)
- KVS Orders – Examination of membership for the proposed association “Kendriya Vidyalaya Democratic Teacher’s Association” (KVDTA) + reg.
- KVS – National Award to Teachers-Initiation of Selection process
- Computer Fund (Fee) is not for Class 1 & 2 Students: KVS clarification
- Kendriya Vidyalayas set to switch to 5-day week for primary classes
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan has recently released the official admission guidelines for Class 1 to 11th academic session 2020-21