Ministry of Defence
Setting Up of a New Sainik School in Karnataka
Posted On: 19 JULY 2021
A reference was received from State Government of Karnataka for setting up of a Sainik School in Shivamogga district of Karnataka. In response to the reference reply was sent informing that there is no plan under consideration to open more Sainik Schools other than the ones operational in the State of Karnataka, under the ambit of existing scheme of things.
Government is proposing to bring a new scheme for setting up Sainik Schools in the country in partnership with NGOs/Private Schools/State etc. The endeavor is to provide schooling opportunities in ‘CBSE Plus’ type of educational environment by involving desirous Government/Private Schools/NGOs to partner in establishing/aligning their system with Sainik Schools ethos, value system and national pride. It envisages enrolling existing/upcoming schools to be run to the line of Sainik Schools curriculum. The schools are proposed to be affiliated to Sainik Schools Society. Detailed guidelines and requisite approvals are at an advance stage.
This information was given by Raksha Rajya Mantri Shri Ajay Bhatt in a written reply to Shri KC Ramamurthy in Rajya Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- New Sainik Schools in collaboration with NGOs, private schools, and state governments
- Budget 2021 – 100 new Sainik Schools in partnership with NGOs/ private schools/ states – PIB News
- Defence – Reservation in Sainik School – 27% reservation for OBCs
- Number of Sainik Schools currently functional in the country, State/ UT-wise – Defence
- Defence – New Sainik Schools
- 1002 KVS Schools affiliated with CBSE
- Teachers of Government schools can now directly apply for National Teachers Award – Shri Prakash Javadekar
- Compulsory Yoga/Games in high school level
- Policy/Guidelines for setting up of Sanskriti type schools