D.O. No. 5-412019- PBI
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, New Delhi-110001
Secretary (Postal Services Board) &
Deputy Director General (PBl)
Dak Bhawan, sansad Marg
This is regarding the provision of Jeevan Pramaan / Digital Life Certificate Services in Assisted Mode through India Post Payments Bank (IPPB).
2. With reference to the ongoing engagement between IPPB and DoPPW for providing Jeevan Pramaan/ Digital Life Certificate (DLC) Services through IPPB, we are delighted to inform you that IPPB has made provision for catering to pensioners in the Assisted mode for getting their Digital Life Certificates Services. In the initial phase, IPPB Shall be providing these services at 100 locations in the country. From November 1, 2020, IPPB shall be enabling this service across the national network of DOP, which comprises of over 189,000 Postmen & Gramin Dak Sevaks, equipped with smartphones and biometric devices to provide Doorstep Banking Services for all IPPB services, including Assisted DLC services.
3. The Assisted DLC service can be availed by any pensioner irrespective of the Pension Disbursing Agency and shall be based on Aadhaar enabled biometric authentication in the DLC application developed by NIC. This service would increase the convenience for the pensioners and also reduce the Turn Around Time (TAT) of issuance of Jeevan Pramaan certificate.
4. We have attached a 1 pager service proposition which can be shared with all Central Government Ministries/ Departments for creating awareness amongst employees and pensioners. We are thankful to the assistance offered by your office in completion of this project and making the service live. Going forward, we seek your assistance in creating the awareness about the availability of the convenient and hassle-free services to the pensioners under the jurisdiction of the department through the following interventions:
- Communication to all the Ministries/ Departments, including Railways and Defence, informing about the Assisted Jeevan Pramaan services of IPPB.
- Announcement about the IPPB Jeevan Pramaan service through social media of DoPPW
- SMS intimation to pensioners’ database available with DoPPW
- Communications to the Pensioner’s Associations to avail the benefit of the service from IPPB Postmen/Grameen Dak Sevaks.
5. Considering that the Model Code of Conduct is in-force in Bihar due to State Assembly Elections, Department had approached Election Commission for formal intimation /approval for start of the service across India (except Bihar). Consequently, the go-ahead has been received from Election Commission and the services are now being rolled out by IPPB in all states except Bihar. Your kind support is once again sought in disseminating the details of the service to all concerned so that Pensioners can benefit from this service.
Broad flow of the DLC generation through IPPB:
- Pensioner calls a Postman/ Gramin Dak Sevak GDS to his/her doorstep or visits the nearest post office. The pensioner can request for a doorstep service through the Post info app/ website of the Department of Posts.
- The Postman/Grameen Dak Sevak, equipped with a smartphone and biometric device, accesses DLC app interface from his/her mobile and assists the pensioner to generate the DLC
- The pensioner provides the required details to Postman/ Gramin Dak Sevak for entry into the application and verifies the provided data through Aadhaar based biometric.
- The Jeevan Pramaan ID is generated based on the valid inputs like PPO number, pension disbursing agency, etc provided by the pensioner and updated directly to the pension disbursing agency.
Salient advantages of the Digital Life ceftificate journey leveraging the services of NIC:
- Completely paperless issuance of Digital Life Certificate with Aadhaar authentication
- Instant issuance of Certificates at doorstep through Postmen or at nearest Post Office
- Convenience for the Pensioner as Digital Life Certificate details are directly updated with the department, thereby avoiding the need to visit any Pension Disbursing Agency/ Bank
- Availability of services at a nominal fee of Rs. 70 (inclusive of taxes), which shall be paid by the Pensioner to the Postman/ Gramin Dak Sevak
Related to Your Search:
- DoP through IPPB has launched doorstep service for all pensioners to submit Digital Life Certificate from comfort of their home
- Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners from Jeevan Pramaan website
- Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners: Jeevan Pramaan
- EPFO to allow EPS pensioners to submit their Digital Pramaan Patra at any time during the year as per their convenience – PIB
- FAQ for Pensioners Regarding Digital Life Certificate (DLC)
- Special Aadhaar Enrolment drive for Pensioners, from May 30 to June 10, 2016
- “Jeevan Pramaan” – an “Aadhar-based Digital Life Certificate” for pensioners
- Central Government pensioners need not visit office of Pension department or pension disbursing agency for submission of Life Certificate
- EPFO leverages CSC network to conduct Jeevan Pramaan for pensioners