DoP – Clarification on date of commencement of risk for PLI / RPLI proposals
DIRECTORATE OF POSTAL LIFE INSURANCE
Department of Posts,
Ministry of Communications,
Government of India
Chanakyapuri Post Office Complex,
New Delhi-1 10021
25-02/ 2020-LI (2)
Sub: Clarification on “date of commencement of risk” for PLI / RPLI proposals.
It has come to the notice of PLI Directorate that in many of the PLI/ RPLI policies being issued, “Date of proposal” is taken as “Date of acceptance” and “Date of Commencement of risk”, which is not in line with the provisions of POLI Rules, 2011.
2. “Date of acceptance” of a PLI/ RPLI policy and “Date of commencement of risk” must not be before the date on which the approving authority actually accepts/ approves the proposal.
3. These instructions may be disseminated among all approving authorities for strict compliance.
This issues with the approval of CGM (PLI).
Deputy Divisional Manager-II
Related to Your Search:
- Revision of acceptance limits for PLI RPLI plans & claims resolution – DoP
- New Promotional and Incentive Structure of PLI / RPLI – Department of Posts
- Promotional and Incentive Structure of PLI / RPLI – Clarification in respect of sales force
- Payment of honorarium to operational staff working at CPC – Honorarium amount per new PLI / RPLI business proposal – DoP
- DoP – New Promotional and Incentive Structure of PLI / RPLI
- MDR Merchant Discount Rate Charges in r/o PLI/RPLI online transactions to be borne by Customers w.e.f 17 Jan 2022
- PLI/RPLI Digital Data Management and Retention Policy: Deptt. of Posts
- PLI-IPPB (India Post Payments Bank) functionality is officially launched
- Payment of incentive for PLI/RPLI business procured in the month of January 2022