DoP – Clarification on date of commencement of risk for PLI / RPLI proposals
DIRECTORATE OF POSTAL LIFE INSURANCE
Department of Posts,
Ministry of Communications,
Government of India
Chanakyapuri Post Office Complex,
New Delhi-1 10021
25-02/ 2020-LI (2)
Sub: Clarification on “date of commencement of risk” for PLI / RPLI proposals.
It has come to the notice of PLI Directorate that in many of the PLI/ RPLI policies being issued, “Date of proposal” is taken as “Date of acceptance” and “Date of Commencement of risk”, which is not in line with the provisions of POLI Rules, 2011.
2. “Date of acceptance” of a PLI/ RPLI policy and “Date of commencement of risk” must not be before the date on which the approving authority actually accepts/ approves the proposal.
3. These instructions may be disseminated among all approving authorities for strict compliance.
This issues with the approval of CGM (PLI).
Deputy Divisional Manager-II
Related to Your Search:
- Revision of acceptance limits for PLI RPLI plans & claims resolution – DoP
- New Promotional and Incentive Structure of PLI / RPLI – Department of Posts
- Promotional and Incentive Structure of PLI / RPLI – Clarification in respect of sales force
- DoP – New Promotional and Incentive Structure of PLI / RPLI
- Dopt Orders on Risk Allowance – Risk Allowance to Central Government employees – clarification reg.
- Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for settlement of PLI / RPLI death claim cases
- Proposal to discontinue exemption of Rs. 1.5 lakh available for Savings under Section 80C
- Check list for sending proposals to DOPT for framing/amendment of Recruitment Rules
- Risk and Hardship Allowance to Mate, Keyman & Patrolman, Extension of Rich and Hardship Allowance to P. Way Artisans including their Helpers and Enhanced Allowance to Gatekeepers at Spl. and A – Class Level Crossing