NSC – Issuance of interest certificate for National Savings Certificate – SB Order No. 17/2023
SB Order No. 17/2023
No. FS-10/2 7/2020 -FS-DOP
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
(Financial Services Division)
Dak Bhawan, New Delhi – 110001
All Head of Cireles / Regions
Subject: Issuance of interest certificate for National Savings Certificate – Reg.
Madan / Sir,
It has been noticed that many grievances are received in this office in connection with the non-issue of interest certificate By the post offices on the bases of the annual accrual of interest.
2. In accordance with the Rule 5(3) of NSC scheme 2019, “A certificate of annual accrual of interest shail be issued by the accounts office, on demand, to the account holder”.
3. At present, interest certificates are to be issued by the post offices by generating from Finacle. However, there is no provision in Finacle to generate interest certificate on the basis of accrual of annual interest and hence the same is to be prepared manually for issue to the depositors on demund, in respect of NSC. A proforma, in which the certificate of annual accrual of interest certificate is, to be issued by the post offices is attached herewith.
4. The Annual Accrual Interest Tables are available on India Post Website which may be referred by the post offices, for calculation of annual accrual of interest in case of NSCs.
5. Hence, till the provision is made in Finacle for generation of interest certificate on accrual of annual interest basis, post offices should issue the interest certificate in the proforma attached herewith.
6. It is requested to circulate to all the offices concerned for information, guidance and necessary action.
7. This is issued with the approval of the Competent Authority.
Enel: As Above.
(T C VIJAYAN)
Assistant Director (SB-I)
DEPARTMENT OF POSTS
CERTIFICATE OF ANNUAL ACCRUAL OF INTEREST
ON NATIONAL SAVINGS CERTIFICATE (NSC)
TO WHOMESOEVER IT MAY CONCERN
This is to certify an amount of ₹ _____ has accrued as interest for the year _____ on National Savings Certificate (VIII Issue and IX Issue) particularized below standing in the name of Shri/Smt. ________ at this post office.
|Sl. No.||Savings Certificate Number / NSC Account Number||Date of Issue / Date of opening of account||Deposit Amount in ₹||Interest accrued in ₹|
Date Stamp of Post Office
Signature of Postmaster/ Sub Postmaster