General Budget 2013 – INDWF proposals for General Budget 2013
Government of India,
New Delhi 110 011.
Sub: General Budget 2013 – INDWF proposals for General Budget 2013
Indian National Defence Workers Federation affiliated to Indian National Trade Union Congress is the Federation of around 300 unions in the Defence Civilian Sector consisting of around more than 1 lac employees as its members
GENERAL BUDGET 2013 – Consideration of INDWF’s Proposals:
INDWF requests the Hon’ble Finance Minister to kindly consider the following proposals for inclusion in the General Budget 2013 which would provide relief to over 34 lac of Central Government Employees (including 3.5 lacs of Defence Civilian employee) and also other workers.
1. Annual income amounting to Rs.5 lacs may be exempted from the purview of income tax in view of steep rise in prices of essential commodities.
2. Since the percentage of Dearness Allowance has crossed 50% of pay long ago there is thus immediate need for setting up of VII Central Pay Commission, alternatively, the Government may consider setting up of Permanent Wage Revision Board.
3. 50% DA may be merged with pay as was done in the year 2004.
4. Bonus Act to be amended for ensuring payment of Bonus including that of Productivity Linked Bonus (PLB) on actual monthly wages, alternatively, the limit may be enhanced to Rs.10, 000 for payment of PLB to Defence Civilian Employees.
5. New Pension Scheme for the employees joined Government services after 01.01.2004 is anti-worker and anti-staff. NPS does not carry safe guards admissible under the Pension Rules 1993; The New Pension Scheme needs to be scrapped.
6. Additional pension be allowed to the retired Central Government employees on attaining 70 years of age.
7. INDWF proposed upward revision of retirement age on superannuation from 60 to 62 years in the wake of mass retirements during the coming years, as it is possible that there may be shortage of skilled and qualified personnel.
8. Thousands of contract workers have been engaged in the Public and Private Sector industries with a meager salary. This way, the exploitation of poor labourers is going on unabatedly. We are demanding abolition of contract labour system in all the industries, particularly the Government owned sectors. Till such time a policy is framed, we propose that the same remuneration as that of permanent workers be paid to the contract workers as well as outsourced workers.
9. The perks/fringe benefits presently being availed by the workers including private sector workers as incentive be considered for exemption from the taxes.
10. Transport Allowance paid to the Central Government employees including Defence Employees may be exempted from the purview of income tax.
11. Children Education Allowance being re-imbursed to all the employees for their school going children to the tune of Rs.15,000/- per child per year, but the same is being taxed, only a rebate of Rs.40 per annum. Hence, it is requested to exempt the Children Education Allowance from the purview of Income Tax to the full extent of the allowance paid to the employee.
12. For adequate career growth of Teachers and Lecturers of Central Government Institutions particularly in Ordnance Factories, the Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACP) may be made applicable to them.
INDWF is confident that the Hon’ble Finance Minister would give serious consideration to the above proposals for making Budget announcements.
Related to Your Search:
- General Budget 2013 : NFIR Proposals for General Budget – 2013
- General Budget 2014-15: NFIR Presents list of proposals to be considered
- Grant HRA at the Rate of 30%, 20% & 10% of 7th CPC Pay – NFIR
- Proposals by the NFIR for review and inclusion in the budget proposals before Parliament
- Suggestions for the General Budget 2015-16: AIRF
- INDWF PROPOSED PAY STRUCTURE FOR DEFENCE CIVILIAN EMPLOYEES TO 7TH PAY COMMISSION
- Interaction meeting with 7th Pay Commission with INDWF
- Budget disappointing for the Labour – Press Statement Bhartiya Mazdoor Sangh (BMS)
- Personal hearing with 7CPC by National Council JCM and INDWF