Indian Railways Extends Concession in Fare to 50 Categories of Travellers
Indian Railways extendS travel concessions in various classes of travel to more than 50 categories of travelers, such as patients, students, senior citizens, certain categories of disabled persons, Doctors, Artists, Sports persons, Press Correspondents, Kisans and others. The element of concession ranges from 10% to 100%.
Eleven categories of patients suffering from serious ailments viz. Cancer, Thalassemia, Haemophilia, T.B/Lupas Valgaris, Non-infectious Leprosy, AIDS patients for treatment/periodical checkup, Heart patients for surgery, Kidney patients for kidney transplant Operation/Dialysis and Ostomy patients for any purpose are eligible for concessions in the passenger fares.
In the case of eight categories of patients, travel concessions are also given to the attendant escorting the patients.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Railways Shri Manoj Sinha in written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Train Travel Concession for Disabled Persons
- Major Concessions granted to different categories of persons on Indian Railways
- Revision of rates for various treatment procedures under ECHS
- Will Air Travel Concession for Central Government Employees be Extended?
- 40% concession in passenger fare to Transgender Senior Citizens whose age are 60 and above
- List of Super Speciality Hospitals in Coimbatore, Chennai and other Tamilnadu regions
- ECHS Revision of Rates for various Treatments
- Categories of Reservation Quotas in Indian Railways
- Budget 2016: After its 7th Pay Commission Rs 40,000 crore ‘request’ denied, Indian Railways wants FinMin to bear PSO bill