Imprest Money in CGHS Wellness Centres increased from present Rs.5,000 to Rs.10,000 (Rupees Ten thousand only) to meet the contingent expenditure (both recurring and non-recurring)
F No 11/58/ 2017/ MCTC/ CGHS
Government of India
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
Department of Health & Family Welfare
CGHS Bhawan, RK Puram sector-13
New Delhi 110 066
Dated the 7th June, 2023
Subject:- Increase in Imprest Money in CGHS Wellness Centres-regarding
With reference to the above subject the undersigned is directed to draw attention to OM No G 27023/1/89/ CGHS-II/ CGHS(P) dated the 11th January, 2011 vide which Imprest money in CGHS Wellness Centres was last revised. Over a period of time, in view of escalating costs, Chief Medial Officers are finding it difficult to meet the minimum basic expenditure to keep the CGHS Wellness Centre in good working condition. Requests were received that the amount of Imprest Money needs to be increased to a reasonable level so that day to day contingency expenditures could be handled without any delay.
2. The matter has been examined in consultation with Integrated Finance Division and the under signed is directed to convey the approval of competent Authority to increase the Imprest Money from the present Rs.5,000 to Rs.10,000(Rupees Ten thousand only) to meet the contingent expenditure (both recurring and non-recurring) by the Chief Medical Officers in each Wellness Centre, Polyclinic, and subordinate offices. There shall be no upper limit on the Imprest Money Spent per annum.
3. The Imprest Money for meeting contingency expenditure (both recurring and non-recurring) by Additional Directors CGHS of Cities/Zones shall continue to be Rs.20,000/-(Rupees Twenty thousand only). There shall be no upper limit on the Imprest Money spent per annum.
4. Additional Directors shall ensure that imprest bill submitted by a CMO I/C or unit head is recouped and sent to the Wellness Centre in a timely manner.
5. These instructions take effect from the date of issue of the Office memorandum.
6. This issues with the concurrence of Integrated Finance Division, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, vide Dy No CD No.561 dated 29.5.2023.
(Dr. Manoj Jain)