Incorrect/Wrong practice being followed by banks in payment of Defence Pension on e-PPOs.
O/o the principal Controller of Defence Accounts (Pensions)
Draupadi hat Allahabad-211014
1. The Chief Accountant, RBI Deptt. of Govt. Bank Accounts, Central office C-7, Second Floor, Bandre- Kurla Complex, P B No. 8 143, Bandre East Mumbai-400051
2. The Director of Treasuries of all state
3. The Manger CPPC of Public Sector Banks including IDBI
4. The CDA (PD) Meerut……….
5. The CDA-Chennai……….
6. The Nodal Officers (ICICI/ AXIS/HDFC Bank).
7. The Pay & Accounts Officers.
8. Military and Air Attache, Indian Embassy Kathmandu, Nepal.
9. The DPDO…………
10 The Post Master…………..
Sub: Incorrect/Wrong practice being followed by banks in payment of Defence Pension on e-PPOs.
Consequent upon generation of e-PPO by this office for all categories of Defence Pensioners, procedures for forwarding of e-PPOs by the Pension Sanctioning Authorities to the Pension Disbursing Authorities and e-verification of these e-PPOs were issued under this office circular No. 588 dated 20.10.2017
The procedure mentioned in above circular clearly states that a copy of e-PPO, duly digitally singed will be sent to the bank through SFTP connectivity which this office has established with various banks and through email id [email protected] to others bank and other PDAs (except DPDO to whom the PPOs are forwarded through CGDA WAN) who have not established SFTP connectivity that time. A copy of these e-PPOs, duly digitally signed will also sent electronically to Army HQrs/Record Offices(ROs)/ Head of Offices for scrutinizing and checking the same. Army HQrs/ Record Offices(ROs) / Head of Offices were required to provide to the PDA a hard copy of the e-PPO( after printing from the PDF file) along with the descriptive roles of the Descriptive Particulars of the pensioners.
PDAs were advised to affect the payment based on e-PPO received by them through SF TP/email only after confirmation from the Army HQrs/Record Offices(ROs)/ Head of Offices in the form of receipt of hard copy of e-PPO and Descriptive Role and Descriptive Particular.
However, flagrant incidents of ignoring the above guidelines by the banks have been noticed where banks are found making payment on the basis hard copy of e-PPOs where PPO has been issued in favour of CPDA, Allahabad instead of banks.
In view of the above, all the banks are requested that on receipt of hard copy of PPOs from Army HQrs/Record Offices(ROs)/ Head of Offices may invariably be confirmed with e-PPO received through SFTP and payment may be released only if they are authorized to make payment by that e-PPO. In case, e-PPO shows that PDA is other agency e-PPO may not be acted upon.
Related to Your Search:
- Pensions: Non receipt of e-PPOs
- Simplification of pension payment procedure- Submission of certificates by retiring Armed Forces Personnel along with pension papers
- 7th Central Pay Commission in respect of the Post-01.01.2016 retired Armed Forces Pensioners/ Family Pensioners
- Payment of revised pension including arrears w.e.f. 1.1.2016 to the pensioners
- Waiver of requirement of producing two pensioners drawing pension from same PDA to identify the pensioner
- Pension claim submission during lock-down of Defence civilian
- Employees to get pension payment order soon after retirement
- CPAO: Simplification of pension procedure submission of undertaking by retiring Government servant
- PCDA – Submission of pension claim during lock-down in respect of Defence civilian