Income Tax Department simplifies online rectification of TDS in ITR
New Delhi: Aimed at making life easier for tax payers, the Income Tax department today said it simplified the process of online rectification of incorrect details of tax deducted at source (TDS) filed in the income tax return (ITR).
Earlier, taxpayers were required to fill in complete details of the entire TDS schedule while applying for rectification on the e-filing portal of the I-T Department.
To avoid this, the finance ministry said a new facility has been provided for pre-fillin ..
To avoid this, the finance ministry said a new facility has been provided for pre-filling of TDS schedule while submitting online rectification request on the e-filing portal to facilitate easy correction or up-dating of TDS details.
“This is expected to considerably ease the burden of compliance on the taxpayers seeking rectification due to TDS mismatch,” an official statement said.
Errors due to incomplete TDS details in rectification applications were leading to delays in processing of such applications, thereby causing hardships to taxpayers, it added.
Related to Your Search:
- Request to Taxpayers to Avail Facility for Online Rectification
- IT Returns early to avoid the last minute rush of filing – Income Tax Department urges
- Income Tax Department (ITD) launches Operation Clean Money
- Income Tax Department Starts Two More Taxpayer Friendly Initiatives : ‘Register for Home Visit’ and ‘Online Tax Help’
- Income Tax Department Launches New and Improved Online Calculator
- CBDT: Non-filers to assess their tax liability for AY 2018-19 and file the Income Tax Returns (ITR) or submit online response within 21 days
- Extension of Due Date for filing of Income Tax Returns
- Revised Norms of IT Returns; Electronic Verification of Income Tax Returns For A.Y. 2015-16 Introduced
- Taxpayer may verify his return through Internet Banking or through Aadhar based authentication process