Income Tax Department Initiates Investigation into Issuance of Cheques by Companies Which are Acting as Entry Operators to Convert Illegal Cash into Legitimate Money
Income Tax Department, Ministry of Finance, Government of India had initiated investigation into issuance of cheques by companies which are acting as entry operators to convert illegal cash into legitimate money. Recently in Kolkata, this investigation led to detection of substantial unaccounted income. In these cases, the unaccounted income was sought to be converted into legitimate money with the help of non-genuine companies which were acting as entry operators.
Similarly and based on media reports, enquiry was initiated in Delhi into issuance of cheques by companies which were alleged to be non-genuine and entry operators. The companies and their Directors could not be traced at the addresses given to Banks and Ministry of Corporate Affairs. Examination of the accounts of these companies revealed that they have issued accommodation entries to several persons and entities for substantial amounts. It was also found that sources for such entries were prima facie not genuine. To carry forward the investigation process, notices were issued to about 50 persons and entities including two political parties on 9th February, 2015. These notices seek information about the identity of the contributors and other relevant details which are necessary to complete the process of investigation.
Related to Your Search:
- New Benami Transactions Informants Reward Scheme, 2018 launched by the Income Tax Department
- Key changes to Mandatory Quoting of Pan Rules of the Income tax Act
- Data Entry Operators in Ordnance & Ordnance equipment Factories
- Inclusion of Interest Income in the Return of Income filed by Persons liable to Pay Tax
- Bonus/Mutual Fund/ Dividend: Additional income-tax on distributed Income under section 115R of the Income-tax Act
- 7th Pay Commission in favor of Technical Operator(Drilling): Central Ground Water Board (CGWB)
- Corrigendum to Engagement of Data Entry Operators/Executive Assistants Digital Office Assistants on contract basis against the vacant posts of Stenographer/PAs
- Requirement of tax deduction at source in case of entities whose income is exempted under Section 10 of the Income-tax Act, 1961-Exemption thereof
- Finance Ministry to review domestic black money window