Immediate appointment on compassionate grounds, as a special case without including the same the ceiling limit.
Remove the arbitrary ceiling on Compassionate Appointments
Shiva Gopal Mishra
National Council (Staff side)
Joint consultative Machinery
For central government employees
13-C, Ferozshah Road, New Delhi – 110 001
E Mail:[email protected]
September 26, 2019
Government Of India
Department Of Personnel and Training
Sub: Remove the arbitrary ceiling on compassionate Appointments.
The above demand was discussed as Item No.11 of the standing committee meeting of the National Council (JCM) held on 7-3-2019. The extract from the minutes of the above meeting is given below for your kind ready reference
Staff side placed the following views:
(a) The 5% ceiling may be increased to at least 10%
(b) Dependents of employees who dies/medically incapacitated while performing his duty; Like accident on workplace etc., should be granted immediate appointment on compassionate grounds, as a special case without including the same in the 5% ceiling limit.
(c) In the MoD, compassionate appointment to the service personnel are granted within the 5% of Civilian vacancies which is not justified and their appointments may be adjusted from amongst the vacancies of the service personnel.
‘Chairman agreed to consider the above proposal of the staff side.’
Also check: Appointment on Compassionate Grounds – Railways
Till date we have not received any instructions from the DOP&T in this regard. It is therefore requested that as agreed by the Chairman the above mentioned 3 proposals given by the Staff Side may be implemented by issuing necessary Government orders. Awaiting for your earlier and favorable decision please.
(SHIVA GOPAL MISHRA)
Related to Your Search:
- Important Questions asked on Compassionate Appointment
- Grant of one time relaxation from the ceiling of 5% for compassionate appointment in Ministry of Defence
- Appointment on compassionate grounds – Relaxation in upper age limit
- MoS (PP) Dr Jitendra Singh gives Appointment letters to candidates appointed on compassionate grounds in DoPT
- Compassionate Appointments in Government are regulated as per instructions issued by Department of Personnel and Training
- Grant of one-time relaxation from the ceiling of 5% for compassionate appointments in the Ministry of Defence – BPMS
- 7th CPC Minimum Educational Qualification for appointment in Level-l of the pay matix on compassionate grounds
- 7th CPC, Merger of DA, Removal of ceiling of Bonus etc. included in Common Charter of demands for Joint Council of Action by Confederation, AIRF & AIDEF
- Compassionate appointments in Public Sector Banks