Appointment on Compassionate Grounds – Railways
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
RBE No. 181/2018
New Delhi, dated 27.11.2018
No. E(NG)II/2018/RC-1/44 pt
The General Manager(P)
All Indian Railways & PUs
Sub: Appointment on Compassionate Grounds – Priority No. 1 case- reg.
Attention is invited to this office letter para 10 (i) and 10 (c) of Board’s letter No. E(NG)II/90/RC-1/117 dated 12.12.1990 wherein it had been laid down regarding order of priority in offering appointment on compassionate grounds.
Priority No. 10 (i) – Dependents of employees who die or are permanently crippled in the course of duty and 10 (c) – a time limit of one month should be observed within which appointment should be given and Para 6 of Board’s letter No. E(NG)II/91/RR-1120 dated 03.12.1991 wherein it had been laid down that Compassionate appointment in the clerical categories should be avoided to the extent possible. For any such appointment, General Manager should be personally satisfied that, the same is unavoidable, and offered as a last resort.
It has been decided by the Board that for the dependents of employees who die or are permanently crippled in the course of duty (Priority No.1), there should be no restriction on offering him/her clerical post and this power is hereby delegated to DRMs/CWMs solely for the dependents of employees who die or permanently crippled in the course of duty.
Director Estt. (N)II,
Related to Your Search:
- Appointment on compassionate grounds – Relaxation in upper age limit
- Appointment on compassionate grounds in the Clerical Cadre – urge to fill up vacancies – NFIR
- Appointment on Compassionate grounds of dependent of medically unfit staff on the Railways
- Appointment on compassionate grounds – delegation of powers
- Appointment on compassionate grounds – Suitability Test
- 7th CPC Minimum Educational Qualification for appointment in Level-l of the pay matix on compassionate grounds
- Compassionate appointments in Public Sector Banks
- Appointment on compassionate grounds – Clarifications by Railway Board
- Immediate appointment on compassionate grounds, as a special case without including the same ceiling limit