Grant of Transport Allowance to Central Government Employees: Finmin orders
Finance Ministry issued orders regarding the revised rates of Transport Allowance to Central Government employees as per Census 2011 with effect from 1.4.2015. The re-classification of cities/towns are specified in the list attached as Annexure.
G.I., Min. of Finance, Dep. of Exp. O.M.No.21(2)/2015-E.II(B), dated 6.8.2015
Subject:- Grant of Transport Allowance to Central Government employees
Reference is invited to Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure O.M. No.21(2)/2008-E.II(B) dated 29th August 2008 regarding grant of Transport Allowance to Central Government employees, consequent upon implementation of the recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission (6th CPC).
2. The Government has since considered the re-classification of cities/towns/localities as per Census-2011 (population criteria) for the purpose of Transport Allowance. Accordingly, the President is pleased to decide the revised classification of cities, towns and localities, for the purpose of grant of Transport Allowance at higher rates to Central Government employees, as per Annexure-1.
Therefore, the table below Para ‘1’ of O.M. dated 29.08.2008 stands partially modified as under :-
The revised classification of cities/towns/localities for the purpose of grant of Transport Allowance shall take effect from 1st April, 2015.
4. The orders will apply to all civilian employees of the Central Government. The orders will also be applicable to the civilian employees paid from the Defence Services Estimates. In respect of Armed Forces personnel and Railway employees, separate orders will be issued by the Ministry of Defence and the Ministry of Railways, respectively.
5. All other conditions mentioned in Department of Expenditure O.M. No.21(2)/2008-E.II(B) dated 29.08.2008 shall remained unchanged.
6. In so far as the persons working in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, this Order issues in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
Related to Your Search:
- Grant of Transport Allowance to Railway employees on the basis of revised classification of cities/towns/localities – AIRF
- Revision of classification cities for the purpose of House Rent Allowance and Transport Allowance to Central Government employees
- Transport Allowance to Central Government Employees at Faridabad, Ghaziabad Gurgaon, and Noida rates applicable to ‘Other Places’
- Grant of HRA/Transport Allowance at enhanced rates to the Central Government employees as per Census 2011 – regarding.
- Finance Ministry issued orders on upgradation of cities / towns on the basis of Census 2011 for the purpose of House Rent Allowance
- 7th CPC HRA : Grant of House Rent Allowance to Central Government employees on basis of Census-2011
- 7th Central Pay Commission relating to grant of Transport Allowance to Central Government employees – DoE Orders on 2.8.2017
- Confederation News – Upgradation of Cities on the basis of 2011 Census Figure – Government Reply to Confederation
- Revision of House Rent Allowance for CPSE employees on the basis of Census – 2011