Grant of Fixed Medical Allowance – Undertaking is required to be submitted once every year alongwith other certificate
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
DEPARTMENT OF EXPENDITURE
CENTRAL PENSION ACCOUNTING OFFICE
TRIKOOT-II, BHIKAJI CAMA PLACE,
CPAO/IT&Tech/Revision (7th CPC)/19.Vol-III (B)/2018-19/15
Subject:- Grant of Fixed Medical Allowance.
DOP&PW vide its OM No.45/57/97-P&PW(C) dated-19.12.1997 followed OM No. 4/25/2008-P&PW (D) dated-26.05.2010, OM No. 4/25/2008-P&PW (D) dated 29.11.2014 and OM No. 4/34/2017-P&PW (D) dated-19.07.2017 had introduced the payment of Medical Allowance to those pensioners who were not residing in the areas where no such outdoor facilities are available. An undertaking is required to be submitted by claimants to the effect that they are not residing in the areas where no such outdoor facilities are available. On the basis of this undertaking pension disbursing authorities shall make an entry in regard to grant of medical allowance in the both halves of PPO of the individual concerned and authorise payment of medical allowance. Such an undertaking can be obtained by Bank,Departmental PAO and Treasury, as applicable once every year alongwith other certificates, the pensioner is required to furnish.
As and when grant of medical allowance to a pensioner/family pensioner is authorized by the pension disbursing authority, intimation to this effect shall be sent to the CPAO/concerned Pay & Accounts Office in the prescribed proforma. The payment shall be made to the pensioner by the pension disbursing authority alongwith pension/ family pension of monthly basis.
All Heads of Government Accounts Department and CPPCs are advised to make the payment accordingly alongwith recovery made, if any.
Sr. Accounts Officer (lT& Tech)
Related to Your Search:
- Simplification of pension payment procedure- Submission of certificates by retiring Armed Forces Personnel along with pension papers
- Simplification of pension procedure – submission of undertaking by retiring Government servant
- Employees to get pension payment order soon after retirement
- Simplification of pension procedure – Papers submitted in time-limit then PPO be handed over before retirement: DoP&PW Order
- Grant of Fixed Medical Allowance to Central Government Civil Pensioners residing in areas not covered under Central Government Health Scheme
- CPAO: Simplification of pension procedure submission of undertaking by retiring Government servant
- Issue of PPO on the Date of Retirement: PIB News
- Pensioners eligible for Fixed Medical Allowance from the date of application for FMA
- How to apply for granting family pension on the death of Government servant, pensioner, family pensioner