Grant of Fixed Medical Allowance to Widowed/Divorced/Unmarried daughter in receipt of family pension- clarification by Railway Board vide RBE No. 69/2014 dated 7-07-2014
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAY
RBE No. 69/2014
New Delhi dated 7-07-2014
The General Manager
All Indian Railways & PUs
(As per mailing list)
Sub:- Grant of Fixed Medical Allowance to Widowed/Divorced/Unmarried daughter in receipt of family pension- clarification reg.
Some references pointing out doubts regarding admissibility of Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA) to Widowed/Divorced/Unmarried daughter in receipt of family pension has been received in Board’s office. In this context, attention is invited to Board’s letter No. PC-V/98/I/7/1/1 dt. 21-4-1999 and 01-03-2004 whereby sanction of the President has been accorded to grant of Fixed Medical Allowance to Railway pensioners/ family pensioners residing beyond 2.5 Kms from a Railway hospital/Health Units subject to fulfillment of conditions laid down therein.
From the above, it is evident that Widowed/divorced/unmarried daughters in receipt of family pension being family pensioner are already covered by relevant instructions and may be extended benefit of grant of FMA provided they fulfill all other terms and conditions in this regard.
As regard the date of eligibility for grant of Fixed Medical Allowance to Family Pensioners, it is clarified that in cases where the existing pensioner/family pensioner was in receipt of Fixed Medical Allowance, the family pensioner next-in-line may be allowed Fixed Medical Allowance from the same date from which he/she becomes eligible for family pension, if he/she otherwise fulfills the conditions for grant of Fixed Medical Allowance.
This issues with the concurrence of Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
Dy. Director, Pay Commission-V
(Authority : DoP&PW’s O.M. No. 4/6/2011-P&PW(D) dated 26. 8.2011 and No. 4/250008 P&PW(D) dated 2.5.2014)
Related to Your Search:
- Family pension is payable to the unmarried/ widowed/ divorced daughter until she gets married or remarried or until she starts earning
- Eligibility of Unmarried Daughters of Armed Forces personnel for grant of Family Pension beyond 25 years of Age
- Eligibility of Unmarried/ divorced/ widowed and dependent real sister of Govt. servant/ pensioners for Family Pension
- Eligibility of widowed/divorced daughters for grant of family pension – clarification reg
- Eligibility of widowed/ divorced daughter for grant of family pension- clarification regarding
- Inclusion of names of the widowed/ divorced/ unmarried daughter/ parents/ permanently disabled children/ dependent disabled siblings in the PPO
- Eligibility of widowed/divorced daughter for grant of Family Pension clarification – Desw Orders dt. 17.11.2017
- Fixed Medical Allowance to Railway Pensioners and Family Pensioners
- Eligibility of disabled children for family pension after marriage – Eligibility for two family pensions clarification regarding