Central Freedom Fighters Pension 2021
11% of Dearness relief increased to Central Government Freedom Fighters with effect from 1st July 2021.
Government of India/Bharat Sarkar
Ministry of Home Affairs/Grih Mantralaya
Freedom Fighters & Rehabilitation Division
2nd Floor, NDCC-II Building,
Jai Singh Road, New Delhi – 110 001,
Dated, the 28th July, 2021.
The Pr. Chief Controller of Accounts(Home),
Ministry of Home Affairs,
MDCNS, New Delhi-110 OO1
Subject: Grant of Dearness Relief to Central Freedom Fighter Pensioners w.e.f. 01.07.2021 – regarding
I am directed to refer to this Ministry’s letter No.45/08/2017-FF(P) dated’5.11.2019 (copy enclosed) regarding 15% Dearness Relief to be paid to the freedom fighter pensioners w.e.f, 01.07.2019 and to say that recently Dearness Relief in respect of Central Government pensioners has been enhanced by 11% by the Government of India, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare, New Delhi’s O.M. No.42/07/2021- P&PW(D) dated 22.07.2021. Hence the Dearness Relief admissible to the Central Freedom Fighter/ spouse/ daughter pensioners shall be enhanced from the existing rate of 15% to 26% w.e.f, 01.07.2021. The revised amount of pension for various categories of pensioners after increase of 11% DR i.e. total 26% Dearness Relief will be as follows:
|Category of freedom fighters||Basic amount of pension (per month)||Enhanced amount of pension after adding 26% DR (per month) w.e.f. 01.07.2021|
|1||Ex-Andaman Political prisoners/spouses||Rs.30,000/-||Rs.37,800/-|
|2||Freedom fighters who suffered outside British India/spouses||Rs.28,000/-||Rs.35,280/-|
|3||Other Freedom fighters / spouses including INA||Rs.26,000/-||Rs.32,760/-|
|4||Dependent parents/ eligible daughters (maximum 3 daughters at any point of time)||50% of the sum that would have been admissible to the freedom fighters, i.e. in the range of Rs.13,000/- to Rs.15,000/-||50% of the sum that would have been admissible to the freedom fighters, ie. in the range of Rs.16,380/- to Rs.18,900/-|
- Further, it is also clarified that as per Policy Guidelines dated 06.08.2014, TDS is not applicable in respect of Central Samman Pension.
- This issues with the approval of Competent Authority.
Director to the Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- Grant of Dearness Relief to Central Freedom Fighter Pensioners w.e.f. 01.07.2019
- Family pension to freedom fighters
- Enhancement of Pension for Freedom Fighters under the Swatantrata Sainik Samman Pension Scheme
- Cabinet gives ex post facto approval to enhancement of Pension for Freedom Fighters
- Clarification on Dearness Allowance: Pension under the Swatantrata Sainik Samman Pension Scheme, 1980 in respect of freedom fighter
- Grant of another installment of Dearness Relief to the Freedom Fighters w.e.f. 01.08.2015
- Dearness Relief wef 01-08-2013 to the freedom fighters and their eligible dependants under the Swatantrata Sainik Samman Pension (SSSP) Scheme, 1980
- Rate of monthly pension paid by the State Government of Tamil Nadu to Freedom Fighters
- Details on Freedom Fighters Pension: Reply by Government in Lok Sabha