Grant of Children Education Allowance to two children in case of first child being totally mentally disabled
Hon’ble Minister of State Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions,
Sub: Grant of Children Education Allowance to two children in case of first child being totally mentally disabled-reg
Complaints continued to be received by the Federation from those central Government employees in general and Railway employees in particular, who, unfortunately, have been graced with 1st child (out of three living children) being mentally retarded/disabled and is not able to receive education even at school level due to his/her physical/mental infirmity while other two children of those employees who are normal in all respects and are receiving education at school/college levels, but however, the Children Education Allowance is allowed only in respect of one child. On scrutiny of available instructions and answers to Frequently Asked Questions circulated by the
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions (Department of Personnel & Training) vide O.M. No.I-11020/1/2014-Estt (AL) dated…….., it is seen that the above cases are not covered for payment of Children Education Allowance to two children, as a result payment of Children Education Allowance to the 3rd ward is denied citing the plea that CEA/Hostel Subsidy is payable only to the eldest surviving children of the employees inspite of valid justification.
NFIR however is of the view that the genuine cases of these type have never been brought to the notice of the Government (DoP&T and MoF) for consideration despite the fact that there is sufficient justification to allow CEA/Hostel Subsidy to two children in view of special circumstances as explained in first para above. Federation contends that the stipulation for reimbursement of Children Education Allowance/Hostel Subsidy presently existing, needs to be reviewed and relaxed suitably so that any to surviving children out of three of the Government employee are eligible for grant of Children Education Allowance and Hostel Subsidy particularly in those cases where eldest or second eldest out of the three differently abled/mentally retarded and not in a position to receive education under any circumstances.
Federation therefore, requests the Hon’ble Minister to kindly intervene and see that extant instructions are suitably relaxed soon by the DoP&T for allowing re-imbursement of Children Education Allowance/Hostel Subsidy to two school/college going children out of three when one of whom is totally disabled.
Action taken in the matter may kindly be advised to the Federation.
Related to Your Search:
- Grant of Children Education Allowance to mentally disabled to two children in case of first child beins totally mentally disabled
- Opening of reimbursement of Children education allowance CEA claim for Central Government employees for the academic year 2020-2021
- Annual ceiling for reimbursement of Children Education Allowance for CG Employees
- MoD Clarification on Children Education Allowance/Hostel Subsidy for Armed Forces
- 7th CPC CEA: Total Claim for Academic Year 2017-18
- Recommendations of the 7th Central pay Commission – Implementation of decision relating to the grant of Children Education Allowance
- 7th CPC Children Education Allowance / Hostel subsidy – Jammu and Kashmir Central Government Employees
- Cabinet Decision on 7th CPC Children Education Allowance
- Reimbursement of Children Education Allowance-lok sabha Q&A