Grant of 1st Class Privilege Pass to the ASMs GP 2800/- upgraded to GP 4200/- (PB-2)/7th CPC Pay Level 6
No. I/15/Part III
The Secretary (E),
Sub: Grant of 1st Class Privilege Pass to the ASMs GP 2800/- upgraded to GP 4200/- (PB-2)/7th CPC Pay Level 6-reg.
Ref: Railway Board’s letter No. PC-VII/2016/RSRP/2 dated 02/08/2016.
Kind attention of Railway Board is invited to letter No. E(W)2008/PS 5-1/38 dated 06/01/2011, according to which employees working in GP 4200/- (PB-2) have been made eligible to receive 1st Class Privilege Pass. In this context, NFIR desires to convey that with the upgradation of the posts of ASM (GP 2800/PB-1) to GP 4200/PB-2 pursuant to implementation of the recommendations of 7th CPC as communicated vide Board’s letter dated 02/08/2016, cited under reference (Note 2 of Annexure 13) the ASMs have been upgraded from VIth CPC GP 2800 to GP 4200/- (PB-2) consequently placed in 7th CPC Pay Matrix level 6 with effect from 01/01/2016. They are therefore eligible for 1st class pass automatically. Reports received at this that on a few Zonal Railways, the 1st Class Pass entitlement is being denied on the plea that separate orders have not yet been issued by the Railway Board.
In this connection, NFIR re-iterates that Board’s instructions dated 06/01/2011 are very clear and therefore Zonal Railways should not deny 1st Class Privilege Pass to those ASMs who have been placed in GP 4200 (PB-2)/Pay Matrix Level 6.
NFIR, therefore, requests the Railway Board to issue clarification to the Zonal Railways for granting 1st Class Privilege Pass to those ASMs placed in GP 4200/Pay Level 6 without causing any hurdle. Copy of clarificatory instructions may be endorsed to the Federation.
(Dr. M. Raghavaiah)
Related to Your Search:
- Request for issue of clarification in respect of Rule (vii) of Schedule-II (Pass on Privilege Account) of Railway Servants (Pass) Rules, 1986 (Second Edition – 1993)
- Validity of Duty/Privilege/Post Retirement Complimentary Passes (PRCP) in Duronto Express trains.
- Revision of monthly remuneration to the contract para-medical staff in Railways
- Issue of Privilege Passes/PTOs covering Udhampur-Katra Section: Clarification by Railway Board
- Privilege Pass, PTO, Post Retirement Complimentary Pass from next year’s account should be issued 5 months in advance
- NFIR: Revised entitlement of passes for Railway Employees
- Implementation of Pass Rules and grant of travel facility on privilege pass as per the choice of pass holder – Railway Board’s clarification
- Reckoning Grade Pay Rs.4200/- Level 6 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix as entry Grade Pay for granting financial upgradation under MACPS to the Station Master category in Railways
- Reckoning Grade Pay Rs.4200/- Level 6 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix as entry Grade Pay for granting financial upgradation under MACPS to Station Master Category in Railways