Government to revise rates for CGHS empanelled hospitals
In a good news for lakhs of beneficiaries under the Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS), the Government is in the process of revising the rates of medical procedures offered by empanelled hospitals and diagnostic centres and giving them early payment assurance to encourage more medical institutions join the scheme.
The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has floated e-tenders for empanelment of hospitals and decided that the rates of various medical procedures would be fixed by an average of rates quoted in e-tenders instead of the old system where the lowest quotation became the rate.
Rates of all medical procedure centres under CGHS would be revised by April next year.
Not just that, the Government is also revising its policy by providing empanelled hospitals assured upfront payment of 70 per cent of the total bill within five days of its presentation and balance admissible amount within a maximum period of 30 days.
The direction for a 10 per cent deduction in case of early/cash payment to hospitals under CGHS has also been done away with, highly-placed sources in the Ministry told PTI.
“These measures will put an end to the problems of delayed payments which discourage hospitals from getting empanelled under the scheme,” a Health Ministry official said.
Under the new policy finalised by the Ministry, the category of super specialty hospitals empanelled under the CGHS has also been done away with.
“Now, hospitals, exclusive eye hospitals/centres, exclusive dental clinics and diagnostic centres shall be empanelled for all facilities available in the health care organisation as approved by National Accreditation Board for Hospitals/National Accreditation Board for Labs and the Quality Council of India and shall not be empanelled for selected specialities/facilities,” the new policy says.
The changes will help rope in more hospitals, clinics and diagnostic centres under the CGHS as many renowned and big hospitals were shying away from being empanelled under the scheme due to pending payments and low rates for medical procedures.
Sources said payments of bills amounting to around Rs 100 crore of private hospitals are pending with the government under CGHS alone, even though hospitals are crying hoarse that pending payments are to the tune of over Rs 400 crore.
Officials, however, say this huge amount is not pending under CGHS and it may include payments under ECHS, ESI and health bills of other big departments like Delhi Police and others.
Source : www.business-standard.com
Related to Your Search:
- 486 PRIVATE HOSPITALS EMPANELLED UNDER CGHS AS ON DATE
- Revision of ECHS Rates for Empanelled Hospitals, Diagnostic Laboratories and imaging centres, Mumbai
- MAJORITY OF EMPANELLED HOSPITALS ARE PROVIDING CREDIT FACILITY TO ELIGIBLE CATEGORIES OF BENEFICIARIES – DIRECTORATE GENERAL OF CGHS
- CGHS ORDERS 2013 : Regarding investigations at private hospitals / diagnostic laboratories/ Imaging centres empanelled under CGHS
- Empanelment of Private hospitals (including dental clinics and eye centres) and diagnostic centres under CGHS Delhi & NCR.
- CGHS: Additional List of Private Hospitals in Delhi & NCR
- New updated list of Private Hospitals empanelled under CGHS in New Delhi and NCR – CGHS Orders April 2013
- CGHS Orders : Empanelment of private hospitals (including denial clinics and eye centres) and diagnostic centres under CGHS DELHI & NCR
- Initiation of ‘Continuous Empanelment Scheme’ for private hospitals, diagnostic centres, exclusive eye centres and dental clinics under CGHS.