Precaution Dose to all Central Government Employees
F. No. 11013/9/2014-Estt.A-III
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and pensions
(Department of Personnel and Training)
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 20 July, 2022
Subject: Covid Vaccination Amrit Mahotsav – Free Precaution Dose to all Central Government Employees as a Preventive measure to contain the spread of Novel Coronavirus
The undersigned is directed to state that this Department has been issuing instructions from time to time regarding the preventive measures to contain the spread of COVID19. As a part of celebration of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, Government of India has recently launched a new initiative ‘COVID Vaccination Amrit Mahotsav’ to provide free precaution dose to all adult eligible population who have completed 6 months (or 26 weeks) from the date of administration of the 2nd dose. The initiative would be implemented at Government Covid Vaccination Centres for 75 days from July 15 to September 30, 2022.
2. In view of above and, as advised by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, it has been decided that Covid Vaccination Amrit Mahotsav Camps at the workplaces are to be organized immediately. The following is to be ensured by all the Departments:-
- (a) All Departments to enumerate the number of eligible employees and their family members to be vaccinated by precaution dose, separately for both types of vaccines (Covishield and Covaxin) so as to ensure optimum utilization of resources;
- (b) Vaccination team, vaccine logistics and cold boxes, AEFI management kit will be arranged by the Department of Health of the concerned State/UTs. Dr Indu Grewal (drgrewal20i8[at]gmail.com 011-23062683) and Dr Suhas Dhandore (suhas.dhandore[at]nic.in, 011-23061883) will coordinate from the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare;
- (c) All Departments to identify a room to set up the vaccination site to have 3 demarcated areas i.e. Waiting Area, Vaccination Area and the Observation Area (post-vaccination for 30 minutes) along with internet connectivity/printer etc; (d) Room should be well ventilated, Bins for waste disposal;
- (e) Refreshments/lunch for the vaccination team
- (f) Ensure privacy at the vaccination area;
- (g) Support staff to coordinate the activity and maintain adequate physical distance; and
- (h) Facility of handwashing/sanitization at the vaccination area and drinking water for beneficiaries to be arranged at session site.
3. All the Ministries/Departments are advised to organize ‘Covid Vaccination Amrit Mahotsav Camps’ at the workplaces for providing Free Covid Precaution Doses to the eligible employees and their family members. They are further advised to direct attached & Subordinate Offices and Organizations under their control, including PSUs to organize Vaccination Camps as well. It is also reiterated that all employees have to scrupulously follow Covid-appropriate behavior at all times and the Heads of Department are to ensure its strict compliance. The operating guidelines of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare may also be referred at https://www.mohfw.gov.in/ pdf/ COVID19VaccineOG111 Chapter16.pdf.
(Umesh Kumar Bhatia)
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India