FinMin working on norms for salaries of retired central govt officials re-appointed on contract
The finance ministry is working on guidelines for wage transfers to contractually re-elected central government employees and has suggested that appointments will stay ‘no more’
The Ministry of Finance of the Department of Expense, in its August 13 Office Memorandum, has indicated that ministers and departments are appointing retired central government employees on contract basis, including as consultants.
In the case of the recruitment of retired central government officers, the department of expenditure has published draft regulations for pay and, within 10 days, invited comments by ministries / departments.
“It was felt that the salaries for the contractual appointment of retired central government employees should be regulated uniformly,” said the department.
The draft guidance notes that, by an application based on certification of the previous service and not on free market ads, the recruitment, even as advisors, of pensioners can not be undertaken as a ‘politique and must be held to a minimum’
“Such appointments may only take place in the justified official work requirements, where the retired employee’s appointment serves the public interest,” the draft guidelines stated.
As far as payment of wages is concerned, the draft guidelines state that a fixed monthly amount, which is deducted from the basic salary drawn at the time of retirement, is admissible. It is known as “pay.”
“For the period of contract, the amount of the wage so fixed remains unchanged.”
It said house rent allowance (HRA), except in situations where the Cabinet Appointments Committee is empowered to have a separate dispensation.
The length of these appointments shall run up to one year for an initial duration and can be increased to two years longer than the age of surplus
“… no more than the age of superannuation shall in any event be extended to the limit of five years,” the draft Guidelines have stated.
In addition, the remuneration will be regulated as offered by contract terms if the nomination of a former central government employee is made from an open market.
Related to Your Search:
- Regulation of remuneration in case of contract appointment of retired Central Government employees – Request for views/comments of Ministries/ Department
- Regulation of Remuneration in case of Contract Appointment of Retired Central Government Employees
- DoPT to Department: Complete Recruitment Process Within 6 Months
- 7th Pay Commission Collects Various Data of Central Government Employees
- 7CPC: 7th Pay Commission Collects Various Data of Central Government Employees
- Dopt issued guidelines on prescribing Educational Qualifications and experience for recruitment of various post
- Vacant Posts in Central Government for different Categories
- Retired government officers for engagement as consultants in the Department of Social Justice & Empowerment, on contract basis – DoPT
- Contractual appointments in Government departments