FAQ on Central Government Health Scheme : More questions clarified as FAQ
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare issued clarifications in the respect of Central Government Health Scheme in the form of FAQ. Lot of questions and answers is given with detailed references, certainly it could be very useful for the both sides of employees and Department authorities.
FREQUENTY ASKED QUESTIONS WITH ANSWERS ABOUT CGHS
The data is entered through computers and entered in data base and a print out is issued same day for immediate use. Plastic cards are subsequently sent to the residence of the card holder by post.
Member of Parliament – Red
The documents required are:-
What should I do in case of emergency?
Contact CMO i/c of the concerned Wellness Centre or Addl. Director, CGHS of concerned city or the nodal officer for grievances.
b) Pensioners residing in non-CGHS areas have also the option to avail Fixed Medical Allowance of Rs300/- per month and opt not to avail CGHS facility.
For treatment of Chronic illnesses medicines upto ‘3’ months are issued in one go , provided there is a valid prescription.
• former Vice-presidents, Former Governors and former Prime Ministers;
At the Wellness Centre ‘Local Advisory Committees’ are formed. CMO i/c holds a meeting with Local Advisory committee members to discuss local dispensary related issues.
- Upto Rs. 13,950/- per month – Entitlement : General Ward
- Rs. 13,960/- to 9,530/- per month -Entitlement: Semi-private Ward
- Rs. 19,540/- and above – per month – Entitlement : Private Ward
Yes, the ownership of card can be transferred in the name of spouse on submission of required documents. Addl. Director of concerned city shall transfer the ownership of Card in the computer Data base and same CGHS plastic cards with same Beneficiary ID can be used.
Can drugs like antibiotics, if not available in WC, be made available urgently from local Chemist?
Serving employee in similar cases shall submit the medical claim to his department.
Related to Your Search:
- CGHS – Permission for Investigations/Treatment Procedures
- Emergency treatment in Central Government Health Scheme CGHS empanelled Hospitals
- Simplification of procedure for treatment at private hospitals empanelled under CGHS/CS (MA) Rules,1944
- ECHS Clarification: Reimbursement of Med Claim for Emergency Treatment in Non-Empanelled Hospital
- Medical Facilities for Government Employees
- CGHS Orders 2013 – Suspension of empanelment of ‘Saket City Hospital, New Delhi’ from the list of Hospitals / Centres empanelled under CGHS – reg.
- CGHS Orders 2013 : Regarding tests/investigations at private hospitals / diagnostic laboratories / imaging centres empanelled under CGHS.
- Arbitrary Rates for Medical Treatment by CGHS empanelled hospitals queried in Lok Sabha
- Treatment of critically ill CGHS beneficiaries /CGHS beneficiaries undergoing treatment for Cancer