Family Pension to Divorced Daughters
Ministry of Defence
03 JAN 2018
There is no such proposal. However, vide Ministry of Defence letter dated 17.11.2017, divorced daughter is now eligible for ordinary family pension for life subject to fulfilment of the following conditions:-
When widow / widower of Defence personnel and eligible children below 25 years of age have ceased to be eligible to receive family pension and there is no disabled child to receive family pension.
Divorced daughter was dependent on defence personnel / pensioner or his / her spouse i.e. if decree of divorce had been issued by the competent court during life time of at least one of the parents or even the divorce proceedings had been filed in a competent court during the life time of the personnel / pensioner or his / her spouse but the divorce took place after their death.
She is not earning equal to or more than the sum of minimum family pension and dearness relief thereon.
As and when received, requests from divorced daughters for grant of family pension are replied in accordance with the existing policy.
This information was given by Raksha Rajya Mantri Dr. Subhash Bhamre in a written reply to Shri P. Nagarajanin Lok Sabha today.
Source : PIB
Related to Your Search:
- Eligibility of Divorced Daughter of Armed Forces Personnel for Grant of Family Pension
- Married daughter to get family pension during pendency of divorce case
- Family pension is payable to the unmarried/ widowed/ divorced daughter until she gets married or remarried or until she starts earning
- Eligibility of widowed/divorced daughter for grant of Family Pension clarification – Desw Orders dt. 17.11.2017
- Eligibility of widowed/divorced daughters for grant of family pension – clarification reg
- Retirement Benefits in One Click Download PDF – DEPARTMENT OF PENSION & PENSIONERS WELFARE
- Eligibility of Unmarried Daughters of Armed Forces personnel for grant of Family Pension beyond 25 years of Age
- Grant of Fixed Medical Allowance to Widowed/Divorced/Unmarried daughter in receipt of family pension- clarification by Railway Board
- Eligibility of widowed/ divorced daughter for grant of family pension- clarification regarding