Casualty Pensionary Awards 2008
Ministry of Defence
Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare
Subject: Expeditious processing of Second Appeal cases – Entitlement Rules for Casualty Pensionary Awards to the Armed Forces Personnel, 2008.
Kindly refer to the various entitlements envisaged in the Entitlement Rules for Casualty Pensionary Awards to the Armed Forces Personnel, 2008 .
- Entitlement Rules for Casualty Pensionary Awards to the Armed Forces Personnel, 2008 provide that an Armed Forces Personnel, who is boarded out on medical grounds or is discharged/ released/ retired in low medical categories, has the right to appeal against the denial of disability pension. These Rules also provide that, if a person is aggrieved by the denial of entitlement, he may, if he so desires, submit an appeal before Record Office/ Service HQrs within six months, which would be considered by the Appellate Committee for First Appeal. The Appellate Committee’s decision for upholding or rejecting the appeal will be by consensus. Any person, aggrieved by the decision in the First Appeal, may file a Second Appeal within six months of the decision of the Appellate Committee for First Appeal. The extant instructions also provide that in cases of non-consensus among the Members of the Second Appellate Committee on Pension, the Vice Chief of the respective Services shall forward the file to MoD for consideration of Hon’ble RRM.
- During the processing of Second Appeal cases in this Department, It has been observed that in the majority of the cases, there has been inordinate delay at each level and the final disposal of Second Appeal applications is taking almost two years.
- There is, thus, an urgent need for expeditious processing of Second Appeal cases. SHQs are, therefore, requested to not only streamline the entire process but also sensitize officials at all levels starting from the record office to examine and process such appeals in a time-bound manner so that the final decision involving the entire process is taken within 3-4 months.
- This issues with the approval of the Secretary (ESW).
(SUSHIL KUMAR )
Related to Your Search:
- One Rank One Pension Order: Revised Table 1 – Improvement in Casualty Pensionary Awards for pre- 2006 Armed Forces Officers and JCO/ ORs and equivalents.
- PCDA Pension Orders 2013 : One Rank One Pension – Rate of Minimum Guaranteed Family Pension with effect from 24.9.2012 (Commissioned Officers)
- Revised Pension Tables of Casualty Pensionary awards for JCO/ORs Pensioners/Family pensioners
- 7th Central Pay Commission regulating Casualty Pensionary Award for Defence Forces pensioners/family pensioners – PCDA Circular 618
- 5th CPC casualty pensionary awards for the Armed Forces Officers and JCOs & Other Ranks
- 7th CPC on revision of provisions regulating Pension/Gratuity/Commutation of Pension/Family Pension including pensionary awards
- Compensation to Security Personnel of Central Armed Police Forces
- Stereotype Court Cases of Defence Personnel – DESW Instructions thereon
- 7th CPC in respect of Commissioned Officers, Retiring or dying in harness on or after 1.1.2016 (Post-2016)