EQUAL BASIC PENSION UNDER SEVENTH CPC
The 7th Central Pay Commission had recommended two formulations for revision of pension of employees who retired before 01.01.2016 and the employees were given option to choose whichever
formulation was beneficial. As per the first formulation, the Commission recommended for revision of pension based on notional pay arrived at by adding the number of increments an employee had earned in the appropriate level while in service.
This formulation was later on examined by a Committee under the Chairmanship of Secretary, Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare. The Committee recommended that instead of counting of increments earned in the retiring scale and applying directly to the 7th Pay Commission Pay Matrix, a more scientific and rational method would be to refix pay in each successive Pay Commission as per the formula for revision of pay right up to the 7th Pay Commission.
This method of fixing notional pay and pension would benefit a larger number of pensioners as compared to the increment method which benefits only a select segment of pensioners who served for a longer period in the retiring scale without being promoted to a higher grade. This has been accepted by the Government and appropriate orders have been issued.
Source: Lok Sabha
Related to Your Search:
- Equal basic Pension under 7th CPC – Lok Sabha Q&A
- Fixation of Pension as per 7th Pay Commission to Pre-2016 Retirees
- 7th CPC: Fixation of Pension
- Anomaly in Pension Fixation as per Recommendations of 7th Pay Commission
- 7th CPC Pension Calculation : Fixation for Pre-2016 Pensioners
- 7th Pay Commission Pension revision – Interpretation of Proposed Option 3
- Cabinet accepts both two options for fixation of 7th CPC Revised Pension
- 7th CPC Pension Calculation : Implementation of First Option after Committee Report
- One Rank One Pension – Nipping 7th CPC Anomalies In The Bud