EPFO: Increase in Death Relief Fund in the 23rd meeting EPF CSWC
Employees’ Provident Fund organization
(Ministry of Labour, Govt. of India)
Head Office Bhavisnya Nidhi Bhawan, 14, Bhikaji Carna Place,
New Delhi-110 066.
No. Welfare/23rd Annual Meeting/CSWC/2013/6846
Dated: 14.6.2013/28 JUN 2013
Regional Provident Fund Commissioners,
Subject: Increase in Death Relief Fund in the 23rd meeting EPF CSWC
Kindly refer to this Office letter No. Welfare/2(1)20th meeting/09/87631 dated 13-2-2009 through which it was circulated that Death Relief Fund will be given to the tune of Rs.2,00,000/.-(Rupees Two Lakh Only) in case of Natural Death during the service and Rs. 2.50 Lakh in cases of accidents and Cancer.
Now in the 23rd meeting of EPF Central Staff Welfare Committee held on Head Office it has been decided by the Committee that Death Relief Fund in case of Natural Death (while in service) will now be given to the family members(Nominee/Legal Heirs) to the tune of Rs. 2.50 lakh and in case of death due to Accident/ Cancer/ Heart Attack/ Brain Hemorrhage it will be given Rs. 3.00 Lakh. This will be effective from 26 4.2013. Further, the above amount will be increased by 10% after every two yearsfviz. from 1.4.2015 and the quantum will be Rs. 2.75 lakhs and Rs. 3.30 Lakhs.
Regional Provident Fund Commissioner(HRM)
Related to Your Search:
- COVID-19 Death Relief Fund on the basis of eligible beneficiaries undertakings – EPFO
- Opening of Holiday Homes/ Guest Houses : EPFO
- Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund – Reg.
- Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund – All donations through PMNRF are 100% Income Tax deduction
- Monetary Compensation to Martyred Army Soldiers’ Families
- Compensation to Security Personnel of Central Armed Police Forces
- General Provident Fund Interest Rate 8.7% for 2015-16
- Railways Act: Railways hikes relief from Rs 4 lakh to Rs 8 lakh in case of death
- Resolution – accumulations at the credit of subscribers to the GPF and other similar funds – 2013-2014