Digital Life Certificate by EPS pensioners
Ministry of Labour & Employment
EPFO facilitates multiple options for submission of Digital Life Certificate by EPS pensioners
16 NOV 2020
All pensioners of Employees Pension Scheme 1995 (EPS’95) are required to submit Jeevan Pramaan Patra (JPP) / Digital Life certificate (DLC) each year to continue drawing pension . In the current scenario of COVID-19 pandemic, the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has facilitated multiple options for EPS pensioners to submit their DLC, close to their home or at their door step. JPP submitted through all these modes/agencies are equally valid.
In addition to the 135 regional offices and 117 district offices of EPFO, EPS pensioners can now submit DLC at pension disbursing bank branch and nearest post offices. DLC can also be submitted at nation-wide network of over 3.65 lakh Common Services Centers (CSC). Apart from this, EPS pensioners can also submit DLC using the UMANG app.
Recently, India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) has launched the doorstep Digital Life Certificate (DLC) service for pensioners. EPS pensioners can now submit online request for availing doorstep DLC service on payment of a nominal fee. A postman from the nearest Post Office will visit a pensioner and complete the process of generating DLC at the home of the pensioner only.
As per fresh guidelines, EPS pensioners can now submit DLC at any time during the year, as per their convenience. The life certificate will remain valid for one year from date of submission of DLC. The pensioners who have been issued Pension Payment Order (PPO) in 2020 need not upload JPP till completion of one year. Earlier, all EPS pensioners were required to submit the DLC in the month of November. This resulted in difficulties faced by pensioners due to long queues and generated rush for submission of Digital Life Certificate. This pro-pensioner step has been taken to provide hassle free social security cover to EPS pensioners.
Central Government pensioners need not visit office of Pension department or pension disbursing agency for submission of Life Certificate
Senior citizens are at a higher risk for severe illness from Corona virus. During this difficult time of Covid-19 pandemic, EPFO stands with its pensioners by ensuring timely release of pension and bringing services at their doorstep. These initiatives will benefit approximately 67 lakh EPS pensioners out of which about 21 lakh are widow/widower, children and orphan pensioners.
Related to Your Search:
- EPS 95 Pensioners can now submit Life Certificate at any time which will be valid for 1 year from date of submission
- Central Government pensioners need not visit office of Pension department or pension disbursing agency for submission of Life Certificate
- DoP through IPPB has launched doorstep service for all pensioners to submit Digital Life Certificate from comfort of their home
- EPFO extends time limit for Pensioners upto 28th February 2021 for submission of Jeevan Pramaan Patra; 35 Lakh pensioners with EPFO to benefit
- EPFO to allow EPS pensioners to submit their Digital Pramaan Patra at any time during the year as per their convenience – PIB
- EPFO leverages CSC network to conduct Jeevan Pramaan for pensioners
- DoPPW – To make life easier for senior citizens to apply their annual lifetime pension certificate
- Doorstep Collection of Life Certificate from the Pensioners by Banks – DOP&PW Circular
- Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners from Jeevan Pramaan website