Engagement of Retired government officials in the Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation as Section Officer
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances Pension
Department of Personnel & Training
2nd Floor, ‘A’ wing,
Lok Nayak Bhawan,
Dated 23 December, 2019
Subject:- Engagement of Retired Government Officials as Section Officer on retainer-ship basis in the Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation
The undersigned is directed to circulate the Office Memorandum No. A-41020/1/2019 – Admin dated 17th December, 2019 (along-with enclosures) received from Ministry of Jal Shakti, proposes to engage retired Government Officials as Section Officer (SO) on retainer-ship basis in the Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation.
2. In case of any further clarification, applicants are requested to contact the concerned Ministries/Departments.
(Sanjay Kumar Das Gupta)
Under Secretary to the Government of India
It is proposed to engage retired Government employees to work as Retainers against the vacant posts of Section Officer (SO) in the Department of Drinking Water & Sanitation as per the following criteria:
(a) Must have retired from Central Government Ministries / Departments.
(b) Must have retired as SO or above and well acquainted with functioning of Government Ministries.
(c) Should have good communication and interpersonal skills and excellent knowledge of Computer usage.
(d) Work profile and responsibility would be similar to post in the Central Government.
The engagement of retainers shall be subject to the following conditions:
(i) Persons must be below 64 years of age as on the last date of application.
(ii) Engagement shall initially be for a period of six months or until regular incumbents are available, whichever is earlier.
(iii) Extension of engagement, if any, shall be at the sole discretion of competent authority.
(iv) Working hours shall be from 9.00 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. during working days including half an hour lunch break in between. However, in exigencies of work, he/she may be required to sit late and may be called on Saturdays/Sundays and other Gazetted Holidays.
(v) Individual will be required to mark his attendance in Biometric Attendance System (BAS).
(vi) Shall be entitled to 4 days leave in six calendar months. The un-availed leave cannot be carried forward or encashed. (vii) Individual will give one month notice for leaving the services of the Ministry.
(viii) Engagement may be terminated at any time by the Government without assigning any reason \without any notice.
(ix) Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation shall not be responsible for any loss, accident, damage or injury suffered by the individual arising out of execution of his/her official duty.
(x) The selected officers will be paid a consolidated fee (TDS as applicable). He/She shall not be entitled for any allowances such as Dearness Allowance, residential, telephone, transport, etc.
(xi) He/She will not be allowed any foreign travel at Government Expenses.
(xii) Individual engaged shall not directly or indirectly communicate or reveal to any person or persons any matter collected for the purpose of his/her assignment or during the course of his/her assignment, without the express written consent of the office.
(xiii) Individual engaged shall not represent or give opinion or advice in any matter which is adverse to the interest of this Office. He/She is not permitted to take up any other assignment during his period of engagement.
(xiv) Preference would be given to those retired in the last one year.
Related to Your Search:
- Engagement of retired central Government officers as consultants at Section Officer & Assistant Section Officer level – DoPT Orders 2019
- Casual Leave for engagement of retired Government Offices/Officials on short term basis in EPFO
- Engagement of retired Section Officers/Officers who were holding analogous posts in purely Government organisations, as Consultants: Dopt order
- Engagement of retired central government officers as consultant on contract basis on DPIIT For CSS Officers
- Dr Jitendra Singh administers the New India Pledge to DoPT employees
- Revised proforma for the enrolment of retired Government officials willing to be hired as consultants – CGA Orders
- Cabinet approves: Raising of Extra Budgetary Resources (EBR) for Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin)
- Dopt Orders 2015 – Engagement of a retired officer of CSS as consultant on contract basis
- Engagement of retired Section Officers for engagement as Consultants in the Ministry of Home Affairs – reg.