Eligibility of applicants with disabilities to appear for inspector post in the LDCE
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg
New Delhi – 110 001
Dated: 18th October, 2019
- All Chief Postmasters General / Postmasters General
- Chief General Manager, BD Directorate / Parcel Directorate / PLI Directorate
- Director, RAKNPA I GM, CEPT I Directors of all PTCs
- Addl. Director General, Army Postal Service, New Delhi
- All General Managers (Finance) / Directors Postal Accounts / DDAP
Subject: Eligibility of Person with Disabilities (PwD) candidates to appear in LDCE for Inspector Posts.
I am directed to refer to above mentioned subject and to say that vide Department’s O.M. no. 12-10/2017-SCT dated 01st April, 2019, post of Inspector Posts has been identified suitable for Persons with following benchmark disabilities
Low Vision (LV,), Hard of hearing (HH), One Arm (OA), One Leg (OL), One Ann and One Leg (OAOL), Lep1·osy cured, Dwarfism, Acid attack victim. Multiple disabilities from amongst disabilities mentioned above.
Prior to identification of Inspector Posts suitable for PwD, such candidates were not allowed to appear in the LDCE for Inspector Posts. However, with identification of Inspector Posts suitable for PwDs, it has been decided to allow PwD candidates with identified disabilities to appear in LDCE for Inspector Posts. However, It may be noted that at present reservation is not available to PwD candidate for promotion to higher level posts.
This may be brought to the notice of all concerned.
Assistant Director General (SPN)
Related to Your Search:
- DoP – Postponement of LDCE for promotion to the cadre of Inspector of Posts for the vacancies of the year 2019 and 2020
- Grant of benefit of pay fixation at time of promotion to Inspector posts
- Reservation in promotion to Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBDs) – DoP
- Financial upgradation under ACP Scheme – No order for grant of MACP to IP/ASP by ignoring the promotion to ASP cadre
- Regarding anomaly in fixation of pay on promotion: DoP
- MACP Clarification 2021 on same grade in promotional hierarchy
- DoP: Constitution of Circle Relaxation Committee (CRC) at Circle level for considering compassionate appointment cases
- Reservation for Persons with Disabilities in Postal Department – Amendment in Rules
- Advances to Government Servants – Rate of interest for purchase of Computer during 2020-2021