Eligibility criteria of a school for Reimbursement of Children Education Allowance – Clarification issued by CGDA
Office Of The Controller General Of Defence Accounts
Ulan Satar Road, Palam, Delhi Cantt – 110010
No. AT/IV/4909/Vol VII
PCoA (FyS) Kolkata
SUB: Clarification on Reimbursement of Children Education Allowance
REF: This HQrs letter No. AT/IV/4909/Vol V dated 22nd May 2014
The matter regarding admissibility of CEA in r/o of the children studying in Pre-primary schools run by Army welfare Education Society (AWES) was referred to MoD by Hqrs office.
2. MoD D (Pay/Services) has stated that criteria of eligibility of a school is clearly mentioned in para 3 of DOPT O.M. No. 21011/03/2008-Estt (A) dated 23rd November, 2009 which reads “Recognized school/institution in this regard means Govt. school or any education institution whether in receipt of Govt. aid or nor, recognized by the Central or State Govt. or Union territory administration or by University or a recognized educational authority having jurisdiction over the area where the institution is situate.” The MoD D (Pay/Services) has further stated that it is for the concerned beneficiaries to obtain the necessary details from the school regarding its recognition by the concerned authorities and submit them to the paying authorities alongwith the claim for reimbursement.
3. The subject claim may be regulated accordingly.
This issues with approval of JT.CGDA(AT-I)
Sr. Accounts Officer (AT-IV)
Authority : www.cgda.nic.in
Related to Your Search:
- Clarification in respect of grant of Children Education Allowance: 7th CPC
- Reimbursement of Children Education Allowance-lok sabha Q&A
- Children Education Allowance
- Opening of reimbursement of Children education allowance CEA claim for Central Government employees for the academic year 2020-2021
- Annual ceiling for reimbursement of Children Education Allowance for CG Employees
- Children Education Allowance – Frequently asked questions – Railway Board Orders on 1.6.2015
- Clarification on eligibility criteria for appearing in Departmental Examination: Graduate MTS & Graduate Clerk to Auditor grade exam to be held in August -2018
- GDS – Child Education Facilitation Allowance for Gramin Dak Sevaks
- MoD Clarification on Children Education Allowance/Hostel Subsidy for Armed Forces