e-Nomination facility for NPS subscribers
PENSION FUND REGULATORY
AND DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
Website : www.pfrda.org.in
CIR No : PFRDA/2020 /37/SUP-CRA/15
Date: September 3, 2020
All Stakeholder under NPS
Subject : e-Nomination facility for NPS subscribers
Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) has been established inter-alia is to protect the interests of subscribers of NPS and other pension schemes regulated by it. PFRDA has allowed comprehensive and digitally enabled solutions for subscribers’ varied needs from on-boarding till the process of exit.
2. Currently, the existing subscribers of NPS, who wish to change their nomination in their Permanent Retirement Account Number (PRAN), are required to submit S2 form (Request for change of Subscriber Master details) physically to the associated Nodal officers, corporates or Points of Presence (POPs) for updation.
3. In order to enable NPS Subscribers with ease of changing the nomination, PFRDA has allowed the ‘e sign based online facility’ to change of nomination through the Subscribers’ login credentials, as per the process flow given in Annexure-A. Central Record Keeping Agencies (CRAs) have been advised to introduce this feature in their system at the earliest.
4. The detailed provisions regarding ‘Nominations’ under NPS are specified under regulation-32 of PFRDA (Exits and Withdrawal) Regulations 2015. The relevant extracts of the regulations are provided under Annexure-B for ready reference.
5. This circular is issued under Section 14 of PFRDA Act 2013 and is available at PFRDA’s website (www.pfrda.org.in) under the Regulatory framework and in “Circular” section of CRA under intermediaries.
K Mohan Gandhi
Related to Your Search:
- PFRDA has been established inter-alia is to protect the interests of subscribers of NPS and other pension schemes
- Transactions of NPS Subscribers generated post change of CRA
- PFRDA – Revision in cut off time under D Remit for same day NAV
- PFRDA – Choice for POPs to integrate with CRAs for NPS
- KVS Orders – Nomination details for NPS subscribers
- PFRDA Circular27-04-2021: NPS onboarding via online Aadhaar e KYC
- Dispensing with the requirement of submission of physical application form in case of NPS account being opened on Aadhaar verification followed by e-Signature
- PFRDA – Comments are invited on PFRDA Regulations 2014 from all concerned
- Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority prescribes New NPS Subscriber Registration Form – Additional Mandatory Requirements