Dr Jitendra Singh gives away awards to various Ministries/Departments for meritorious performance in handling Public Grievances on PG portal
Minister reviews the functioning of DARPGSEVA
The Union Minister of State for Development of North Eastern Region (I/C), Prime Minister’s Office, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh gave away the award of certificates for meritorious performance by the Ministries/Departments for effective redress of public grievances received on CPGRAMS, here today. Under the scheme, the certificate of recognition is given to three Ministries/Departments who are found to have done outstanding work during a quarter as per the prescribed criteria.
On the occasion, Dr Jitendra Singh awarded the following Ministries/departments for the quarter July, 2016 to September, 2016 and October, 2016 to December, 2016:
|Group||(July-Sep, 2016)||(Oct-Dec, 2016)|
(Ministries/Deptts receiving upto 300 grievances during the quarter)
|Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region||Department of Scientific and Industrial Research|
(Ministries/Deptts receiving upto 301-2000 grievances during the quarter)
|Ministry of Women and Child Development||Ministry of Housing and Poverty Alleviation|
(Ministries/Deptts receiving upto above 2000 grievances during the quarter)
|Central Board of Direct Taxes (Income Tax)||Central Board of Direct Taxes (Income Tax)|
Speaking on the occasion, Dr Jitendra Singh said that the awards will act as a motivator for the departments. He said that the number of grievances lodged has increased considerably in the recent years, which shows the increased faith of public in the government. He also said that the emphasis of the government has been on transparency and accountability. The Minister also said that the government has given importance to citizen-centric government with maximum governance and minimum government.
The Minister also reviewed the functioning of Twitter Seva started by the DARPG on February 1, 2017. The Twitter Seva will enable the DARPG to reach out to the common public and various stakeholders for facilitating redress of grievances and other issues of importance related to department.
The senior officers of the department were also present on the occasion.
Related to Your Search:
- Dr Jitendra Singh awards Certificates of Appreciation to the Ministries/Departments for their performance in CPGRAMS
- Dr. Jitendra Singh felicitates best performing employees of DoPT
- Mobile app for Public Grievances portal launched by Dr. Jitendra Singh
- 88% of pension accounts have been linked to Aadhaar: Dr Jitendra Singh
- Redresasal of Public Grievances & CPGRAMS
- Grievance Officer to take up public complaints every Wednesday
- Government Settled Pension Related Complaints: Dr. Jitendra Singh
- Central Secretariat officials visit Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh to discuss promotion and other service matters – PIB
- Dr Jitendra Singh administers the New India Pledge to DoPT employees