Dopt Orders – Representation of SC, ST, OBC, Minorities and the Women on Selection Board / Committees
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel &Training
New Delhi, dated the 13th February, 2014
Subject: Representation of SC, ST, OBC, Minorities and the Women on Selection Board / Committees.
The undersigned is directed to draw attention of the Ministries/Departments to this Department’s O.M. No.42011/15/1995-Estt(SCT) dated 1lth July, 1995. Para 2 provided as follows:-
” 2. In partial modification of the above instructions it has now been decided that wherever a Selection Committee Board exists or has to be constituted for making recruitment to ten or more vacancies in Group ‘C’ or Group ‘D’ posts or services it shall be mandatory to have one Member belonging to SC/ST/OBC and one Member belonging to Minority Community in such Committees/Boards. Further, one of the Members of the Selection Committees Boards whether from the general category or from the minority community or from SC, ST,OBC should be a lady failing which a lady member should be co opted on the Committee Board. It may please be ensured that where the number of vacancies against which the selection is to be made is less than ten no effort should be spared in finding SC/ST/OBC officer, minority community officer and a lady officer as explained in para (2) for inclusion in such Committees/Boards. “
2. The matter has been reviewed and in partial modification of above instructions, it has now been decided that wherever a Selection Committee/Board exist or has to be constituted for making recruitment to 10 or more vacancies in any level of posts or services, it shall be mandatory to have one Member belonging to SC/ST, one Member belonging to OBC category and one Member belonging to Minority Community in such Committees/Boards. Further, one of the members of the Selection Committees/Board, whether from the general category or from the minority community or from the SC/ST/OBC community should be a lady failing which a lady member should be co-opted on the Committee Board. It may also be ensured that where the number of vacancies against which selection is to be made is less than ten, no effort should be spared in finding the SC/ST, OBC officer and the Minority Committee Officer and a lady officer, for inclusion in such Committees Boards.
3. Similar instructions in Public Sector Undertakings and Financial Institutions including Public Sector Banks will be issued by Department of Public Enterprises and Ministry of Finance respectively.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- Representation of Minority Communities in Central Government Services – Departmentwise details
- Delegation of powers to Ministries/ Departments for payment of Sitting Fee in respect of Non-officials of Committees/ Panels/ Boards
- Procedure of applying for General Pool Residential Accommodation under Ladies Pool
- Employment of women and girls in Government organisations/Agencies
- whether PESB has recommended any person belonging to SC/ST category to any of the PSUs
- Representation of various categories at higher positions in the Central Government
- Total strength of Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs), force, rank and gender-wise
- Setting up of Search-cum-Selection Committees at 7th CPC Level 14 and above: DoPT Clarification
- Prevention of Sexual Harassment of working women at workplace – Seniority of the Chairperson of the Complaint Committee