DoPT launches e-service record system for government employees
With the objective to promote a paperless regime and better human resource management, the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) has launched an e-service record book portal for government employees.
“Under the personnel information management system of e-office, the DoPT has extended the facility to its employees to view their service book online. All the other ministries have been advised to extend the facility to the civilian employees working under them,” said an official.
Earlier documented in paper files, the service record provides information on various portfolios and posts held by a particular government employee.
“In future, it would also prove to be of great assistance in an efficient management of human resource. The system can facilitate work allocation based on the skills and experiences of the employees under consideration for a particular post or department,” said the official, adding that the priority is to pick the best and suitable candidate for better output.The DoPT has also launched a Basic Leadership Skills Module for Central Secretariat Services officers at the Institute of Secretariat Training and Management. The module is expected to equip civil servants with the skills that help them function efficiently in a complex and challenging environment.
“All levels of civil service need to be trained in leadership skills so that they impart their duties effectively,” said the official.
The Department plans to introduce similar modules for mid-level and advanced leadership skill development.
A Learning Resource Centre has also been set up with a mandate to identify and adopt the leading national and international practices in the field of training techniques and technologies to strengthen the Trainers Development Programme, to develop a cadre of high quality trainers.
“This would reduce the financial burden otherwise incurred on foreign trips often undertaken by government functionaries for skill training,” said the official. Both the training activities have been supported by the UNDP, under the Strengthening the Human Resource Management for Civil Services Project.
Related to Your Search:
- DoPT may soon write to all departments to incentivise efficient workers
- Invitation of Applications for Creation of National Pool of Trainers on Leadership Skills and Ethics
- Competency Dictionary for Civil Services: Inviting Inputs/Comments by DoPT
- Civil Services Preliminary Examination, 2014: Instructions from DoPT
- Skill Development for Government Servants
- One Week In-service Training (IST) programme for Officers of All India Service (IAS, IPS & IFoS), officers working under the Central Staffing Scheme
- Execution of e-leave management system
- Award of Certificate of Excellence to the meritorious employees of DOPT…
- Government considering report on age limit for civil service exams