DoPT denies Media News about extension of working hours of Central Government employees
The attention is drawn to the media news about extension of working hours of Central Government employees by the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT), Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Government of India. It has been stated in the news item that Central Government employees working hours will be changed from 09.00 AM to 07.00 PM. It was also stated that the holiday of Saturday will also be done away with for the Central Government employees.
In this regard, the DoPT clarifies that there is no such proposal under consideration of the Central Government. The media news regarding the extension of working hours and abolition of holiday on Saturday for Central Government employees is false and baseless. There is no oral or unwritten order issued in this regard.
Related to Your Search:
- Extension of working hours of Central Government employees
- Jharkhand Election 2019 – Grant of Paid holiday to employees on the day of poll
- Dopt advised to upload ‘Working Hours, Holidays, Public Dealing Hours on the websites of Indian Government
- Extension of relaxation for travel by Air on LTC to visit J&K and NER – Confederation writes to Dopt
- Impact of long working hours on people working in Government offices
- Change in Holiday on Account of Muharram from 14th to 15th November, 2013: PIB News & DoPT Order
- Central Government Holiday on 22 August Saturday due to Ganesh Chaturthi
- Declaration of Holiday on 14th April, 2018 – Birthday of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar
- Bye Elections 2019 : Paid holiday to Karnataka employees on the day of poll 05.12.2019