7th Pay Commission: CCS(RP) Rules 2016 – Opportunity for revision of option to come over to revised pay structure within 3 months: Fin Min OM 12.12.2018
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
New Delhi, the 12th, December, 2018
Subject: Central Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016 – opportunity for revision of option to come over to revised pay structure
The undersigned is directed to invite attention to Rules 5 & 6 of the CCS (RP) Rules, 2016 regarding exercise of option to come over to the revised pay structure effective from 1.1.2016 as notified by the CCS(RP) Rules, 2016 and to say that the said option was to be exercised within 3 months of the date of notification, i.e. 25.7.2016 of the said Rules. The Rule 6(4) thereof provides that the option once exercised shall be final.
2. The Staff Side of the National Council (JCM) has requested that employees may be given another opportunity to re-exercise their option in view of certain hardships caused to certain employees. A number of references have also been received in this Ministry, proposing that the affected employees may be given an opportunity to re-exercise their option.
3. The matter has been considered and the President is pleased to decide that in relaxation of the stipulation contained in Rule 6(4) of CCS(RP) Rules, 2016, the Central Government employees, who have already exercised their option to come over to the revised pay structure as notified by the CCS(RP) Rules, 2016, shall be permitted another opportunity to revise their initial option in terms of Rules 5 & 6 thereof. The revised Option shall be exercised within a period of 3 months from the date of issue of these orders. The option once exercised in terms of these orders shall be final and shall not be liable to any further change under any circumstances. All other terms and conditions as laid down in the said Rules 5 and 6 shall continue to be applicable.
4. It is obvious that in respect of those employees who have already exercised option to come over to the revised pay structure from 01.01.2016 itself or in whose case the revised pay structure took effect from 01.01.2016 and who ire-exercise their option under these orders to come over to the revised pay structure from a date subsequent to 01.01.2016 as per Rule 5 of 008 (RP) Rules, 2016, the arrears on account of revised pay already drawn by them from 01.01.2016 up to the date from which they now Opt to come over to the revised pay structure shall be recovered.
5. In their application to the employees serving in IA&AD, these orders were issued after consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
(Amar Nath Singh)
1. All Ministries/Departments of the Government of India (As per standard distribution list)
2. Guard File
3. NIC with the request that the same be posted on the website of Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure
Related to Your Search:
- Army officers revised pay structure Opportunity for revision
- Railway Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016 – opportunity for revision of option to come over to revised pay structure
- 7th CPC Pay Revision of Option for Railway Employees
- Pay Rules / Regulations 2017 for Army / Navy / Air force officers, MNS, JCOs / OR & Equivalent for revision of option to come over to revised pay structure
- DoP – Opportunity to revision of option to come over to CCS (RP) Rules 2016
- Re-exercise of option under Rule 6 of the Railway Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008
- Finmin Order 2013 : Re-exercise of option under Rule 6 of the CSS (RP) Rules, 2008, in case of employees covered under the OM dated 19.3.2012
- Exercise option within Three Months of the Date of Notification
- CCS (RP) Rules, 2016 – Opportunity for revision of option to come over to revised pay structure