Denial of pay fixation benefit in the case of Sr. P. Way Supervisors (GP 4200 PB-2) merged with JE/P.Way (GP 4200+PB-2)
No. I/2/Part IV
The Secretary (E),
Sub: Denial of pay fixation benefit in the case of Sr. P. Way Supervisors (GP 4200 PB-2) merged with JE/P.Way (GP 4200+PB-2)
Ref: (i) NFIR’s PNM agenda item No. 53/2016.
(ii) RailwayBoard’s letter No. PC-III/20l6/FE-II/3 dated 08/09/2016.
(iii) NFIR’s letter No. VZlPart trI dated 12/09/2016 & No. 1/2/Part IV dated
(iv) Railway Board’s letter No. PC-III/20l6/FE-II/3 dated 05/07/2017.
(v) NFIR’s letter No. I/2Part IV dated 10/07/2017.
(vi) Railway Board’s letter No. PC-III/20l6/FE-II/3 dated 26/07/2017.
The reply sent by the Railway Board vide letter dated 2610712017 is not acceptable to the Federation as the Railway Board has ignored the fact that the Sr. P. Way Supervisors have been made to shoulder higher responsibilities of Jr. Engineer (P. Way) and in such sifuations, pay fixation under erstwhile Rule FR 22 (C) is needed to be extended to the staff. Federation further desires to state that Enbloc merger and upgradation granted by the Railway Board, should not undermine the right of the employee to claim benefit of pay fixation when he is shifted to the higher post with higher responsibilities.
NFIR wanted the Railway Board to cite the rule under which pay fixation is not admissible in these cases, but sadly the Board have not cited any rule position. Relying on Rule 1313 and denying the benefit of pay fixation is highly improper.
This being a PNM subject, the Federation will discuss the issue in the ensuing PNM meeting at the level of MS & FC.
(Dr. M. Raghavaiah)
Related to Your Search:
- Grant of pay fixation under Rule S-13 to the erstwhile Group ‘D’ staff promoted to same Grade pay of Rs.1800/0 (PB-1) – NFIR’s PNM Item No.32/2015.
- Merger of Sr.PWS with JE/P.Way – Pay fixation
- Revision of Over Time Allowance to Railway Employees consequent upon revision of pay scales and allowances
- Grant of increment on promotion within merged scales in the same Grade Pay Rs.4200
- Pay fixation in 7th CPC Pay Matrix level in the case of employees who are in 6th CPC -1S Pay Band (Rs. 4440-7440) + GP 1300
- Harmonization of the cadre structure of Medical Laboratory Staff of Indian Railways with those in Central Government Hospitals
- Appointment on compassionate grounds – review of extant instructions relating to acquisition of higher qualification – NFIR
- LAP – Accumulation of Earned Leave / Leave on Average Pay beyond the ceiling of 300 days
- Implementation of the recommendations of 7th CPC – Fitment Factor and Pay Fixation for Running Staff @ 14.29%