DA and HRA for for newly recruited Group C employees with effect from 01.07.2017
GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
Finance [Audit]Department, 10th floor
Mandirtala, Howrah – 711 102
In terms of rule 8 of the West Bengal Services [Appointment, Probation and Absorption of Group ‘C’ Employees] Rule, 2013 published vide Notification No.1832-F[P] dated 1.3.2013 and its subsequent amendments, the employees directly appointed to Group ‘C’ posts under the Government are not entitled to draw Dearness Allowance [DA] and House Rent Allowance [HRA] during the period of probation of two years. The question of allowing DA and HRA to such employees had been under consideration of the Government for some time past.
After careful consideration, the undersigned is directed by order of the Governor to say that the Governor has been pleased to decide to allow admissible DA and HRA with effect from 01.07.2017 to the employees directly appointed to Group ‘C’ posts through any recruiting agency even if they have not completed their period of probation of two years. They will, however, not be entitled to draw annual increment beyond the period of probation or during the extended period of probation in case they fail to pass the departmental examination on Computer operation and Computer typing where passing of such examination is a precondition for earning annual increment.
Necessary amendments in the relevant rules will be made in due course.
OSD & E.O.Special Secretary
Government of West Bengal
Related to Your Search:
- Child Care Leave to West Bengal Female Teachers at par with Central Government Employees
- West Bengal government declares 10% DA hike from Jan 1, 2016
- Extension of probation period on account of availing Leave during probation period
- Dearness Allowance for West Bengal Government Employees 3 percent of revised basic pay with effect from Jan 1, 2021
- Postal Orders 2013 – Grant of Split Duty Allowance to Group C & D (now MTS) employees of Department of Posts
- Empanneled Aditya Medical Park under WBHS
- WB 6th PC implementation – Revised Pay Structure from January 2020
- ECoR – Probation period of CSE probationers – confirmation – Railway Board letter
- Grant of Dearness Allowance to West Bengal State Government Employees and also Dearness Relief to the Pensioners Family Pensioners