4th Cadre Restructuring CSS – DOPT
4th Cadre Restructuring of Central Secretariat Service (CSS): DoPT Order dated 27.10.2022
No. 19/02/2022 -CS.I(P)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
2nd Floor, ‘A’ Wing, Lok Nayak Bhawan,
Khan Market, New Delhi
Dated the 27th October, 2022
Sub: Constitution of a Committee for 4th Cadre Restructuring of the Central Secretariat Service (CSS) – Regarding.
A Committee for cadre restructuring of the Central Secretariat Service (CSS) with the following composition and terms of reference is constituted:
- (i) Establishment Officer & Additional Secretary, DoPT – Chairman
- (ii) Joint Secretary (CS), DoPT – Member
- (iii) Joint Secretary (Pers), D/o Expenditure – Member
- (iv) Deputy Secretary (CS.I), DoPT – Member Secretary
Terms of Reference:
- (i) To review the existing cadre structure of CSS cadre along with the feeder cadre and project the manpower requirement for next 10 years taking into account the encadrements already made after the 3rd Cadre Restructuring (CRC) of CSS & proposals for encadrement pending and also the functional needs of the cadre units.
- (ii) To assess the present and future career progression of the members of the service and suggest remedial measures both short term and long term so as to reduce promotion blocks and at the same time prevent gaps from building up.
- (iii) To suggest measures to enhance the effectiveness of the service and capacity building of its members.
- (iv) To study the effect of encadrement of posts of autonomous bodies and statutory organizations in CSS Cadre.
- (v) To study the relevance of the recommendations of the 3rd CRC not implemented so far.
- (vi) To review the present training needs of the members of the CSS Cadre.
- (vii) To take into view the suggestions of stake holders.
- (viii) To examine any issue as referred to it by the Cadre Controlling Authority (CCA) of CSS and Central Secretariat Clerical Service (CSCS)
3rd Cadre Restructuring of Central Secretariat Service (CSS)
2. The Secretarial Services to the Committee would be provided by the CS.I Division (DoPT).
3. This has the approval of the Hon’ble Minister of State for Personnel.
(George D. Toppo)
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Download Constitution of a Committee for 4th Cadre Restructuring of the Central Secretariat Service (CSS) PDF
Leave a Reply