3rd Cadre Restructuring of Central Secretariat Service (CSS): DoPT Order dated 11.09.2017
No. 19/3/2013-CS-I (P) Vol.II
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions,
Department of Personnel and Training
Lok Nayak Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated: 11th September, 2017
Subject: 3rd Cadre Restructuring of Central Secretariat Service (CSS) – reg.
The undersigned is directed to say that the Government had set up a Committee on Cadre Restructuring of Central Secretariat Service (CSS) in April 2013. The Committee submitted its Report in December 2013. The report of the Committee has been approved by Government.
2. Following decisions have been taken:
i) Creation of posts as under:
(a) 150 posts in the grade of Deputy Secretary in the Central Secretariat-75 posts each for Central Secretariat Service (CSS) and Central Staffing Scheme (CSt.S); As a one-time measure, 75 posts recommended for Central Staffing Scheme may also be filled by CSS officers and these posts would revert to CStS in tranches – 35 and 40 each in consecutive select list period i.e. from, 01.07.2017 to 30.06.2018 and from 01.07.2018 to 30.06.2019.
(b) 232 posts in the grade of Under Secretary in CSS on Desk pattern;
(c) 463 posts in the grade of Section Officer in CSS on Desk pattern.
(ii) These posts recommended to be created represent only a ceiling which is considered sufficient for the next 10 years and would actually be operationalized on receipt of proposals from Departments and on their examination by a Committee of Joint Secretaries of DoPT and Department of Expenditure.
(iii) The posts created at Section Officer and Under Secretary levels are to be operated on Desk Pattern. Operating the posts on Desk Pattern does not require conventional sections and much supporting staff.
3. All Ministries/ Departments viz., the cadre units of CSS are requested to send their requirements of the posts in the above mentioned grades with full justification and with the approval of the concerned Minister- in- Charge to this Department positively by 3rd October, 2017.
4. On receipt of the proposal from the Ministries/ Departments, the matter will be examined by the Committee comprising of Joint Secretaries of DoPT and Department of Expenditure. Based on the recommendation of the Committee, further action will be taken by this Department for the opertionalization / allocation of the posts amongst the Cadre Units.
5. To ensure timely action, the Cadre Units are requested to furnish the requisite information expeditiously and within the stipulated time frame.
Joint Secretary to the Government of India
Source: DoPT DOWNLOAD PDF
Related to Your Search:
- Dopt Orders 2013 : Upgradation of 1467 posts of UDCs to Assistants’ Grade of CSS – Cadre Restructuring of Central Secretariat Service (CSS)
- Cadre Restructuring of Central Secretariat Stenographers Service (CSSS) – sanctioned strength of Officers- regarding.
- DoPT: 3rd Cadre Review of Central Secretariat Stenographer’s Service (CSSS)
- Cadre Restructuring of Central Secretariat Stenographers’ Service (CSSS)- sanctioned strength of Officers – Dopt orders
- IT Cadre Restructuring – Distribution of Posts for Group “B” & “C” [other than IRS] Posts
- Constitution of a Committee for Cadre Restructuring of the Central Secretariat Service (CSS).
- Cadre Restructuring of CSSS – Cadre Restructuring Committee submitted its report with recommendations and duties of CSSS personnel
- Constitution of a Committee for Cadre Restructuring of the Central Secretariat Stenographers’ Service (CSSS)
- IT Cadre Restructuring – Distribution of Posts in IRS Cadre